• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Falk

FS SNA
Do we need to bring our own shampoo/conditioner/body wash to OCS or do they have dispensers in the shower stalls? Also, is there anything else I (we) should know to bring or not bring regarding toiletries?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Do we need to bring our own shampoo/conditioner/body wash to OCS or do they have dispensers in the shower stalls? Also, is there anything else I (we) should know to bring or not bring regarding toiletries?

You will be issued a hygiene kit with all the essentials. However, since you'll be displaying all that stuff for RLP, and all of it needs to look brand new, you should bring your own hygiene kit to use for the first month or so.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That's pretty good. I had read on here a while back about the lack of stalls. Maybe that was in Pensacola?

I don't know about Rhode Island, but Pensacola was wide open showers with like 3-4 pillars with about 4-5 heads each and everyone just crowded around. Often-times sharing heads due to more people than showerheads and 5 minutes to shower.

Being Jewish, the Auschwitz-style shower rooms didn't exactly put me at ease.... :eek:

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Yes, there are stalls at Newport. It was a pleasant surprise when I got there, since I was expecting what Otto described.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
until they give you 2 minutes to shower then your are in your stall with 5 other dudes.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
After indoc week, you will have time to hygiene everyday sometime between 2030-2200. If that's not good enough, you can always shower between taps and reveille. Some people did this voluntarily just so they didn't have to deal with the rush.

If you're referring to that "special" day, then that's another story.

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
Assuming your class team allows your class to call home, what's the deal with calling home on Sundays early in OCS? Are you limited to a certain amount of time total, or one phone call limited to a certain amount of time?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
When I was there, there were designated phone times for unsecured (what you will be early on)/secured candidates when they could use the payphones. There are something like 16 pay phones though with many, many more people wanting to use them.

MasterBates

If you are that asshole that hogs the phone, it will be noted by your class. Especially if people can't use it.

I don't think I ever used the phone until we had liberty, but I was single, no girlfriend and my parents knew not to expect to hear from me until near the end of OCS.