• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

MasterBates

For all those boys tired of hearing about girls getting their hair cut...you need to back off!! You have no idea how long it takes to grow that shit back out!! It's going to take at least 5 years for my hair to be the length it was before OCS and at least a year an a half until I look like a normal girl. I didn't think twice about it stopping me from getting a commission...but have a little heart! It is still a sacrifice!

Your post is not helping your case.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
For all those boys tired of hearing about girls getting their hair cut...you need to back off!! You have no idea how long it takes to grow that shit back out!! It's going to take at least 5 years for my hair to be the length it was before OCS and at least a year an a half until I look like a normal girl. I didn't think twice about it stopping me from getting a commission...but have a little heart! It is still a sacrifice!

Uh... seriously? GET OVER IT.

I cut my hair when I decided to join the Navy (it wasn't just "long", It was like shoulder length). Do you hear me bitching about it? And I can't grow my hair for another 8+ years.... boo hoo.

I am very aware of how long it takes to grow out. It doesn't matter how many times this is covered. This is just a silly topic. If the short hairstyle was on the front of people magazine, everyone and their mother would have it and we wouldn't be arguing. The reason it is a big deal is because it temporarily makes you un-STYLISH. That is the most petty, superficial bullshit reason I've ever heard about how/why OCS was "hard".

All this argument does is make a bad name for the other females who "get it".

Nikki2184

At the risk of digging a deeper hole...

most people are offended by the term "sacrifice". A sacrifice is "the surrender or destruction of something prized or desirable for the sake of something considered as having a higher or more pressing claim". Sacrifice is a trade off. the words are just symantics. Hell, I'll shave my ass and walk backwards if that's what I had to do to get a commission. And I'd do it with a smile on my face. My point is that guys don't understand that losing your hair is more about losing a sense of yourself and your femininity. It's not vanity. At least it's not for me. Guys, think about watching your prized Jeep 4x4 or Mustang GT get put into a crusher, then someone hands you the keys to a 1989 volvo station wagon which you get to drive to work every day. For the next 5 years. This is the best comparison I can give you.

That being said, I don't want to hear whiney women complain about being ugly, or looking like a boy either. I made the choice to serve my country and this is the smallest most insignificant "trade off" I can possibly imagine I will be asked to make during my career. I just don't want to hear guys belittle women for something they don't understand.

I'm sure I'll get even more nasty messages now...as for me, I've discussed this sad excuse for a topic for more than enough for one lifetime.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Guys, think about watching your prized Jeep 4x4 or Mustang GT get put into a crusher, then someone hands you the keys to a 1989 volvo station wagon which you get to drive to work every day. For the next 5 years. This is the best comparison I can give you.
Your haircut costs as much as a Mustang GT?!?

On a serious note, stereotyping that the only reason that men buy cars is for image is not a good way to make a case for yourself.

A Jeep 4x4 can do things that a Volvo cannot, like tow stuff. A Mustang GT can do things a Volvo cannot, like drive fast. There are people in this world who are into motorsports. A haircut serves no purpose other than to make you look a certain way.

Nikki2184

When you consider how much girls spend on haircuts, shampoos, conditioners, coloring, treatments over the 5-8 years it takes to grow it out...I'd say it costs more. Mustangs are cheap these days. no one wants a gas guzzler. My point is more that guys, at least every one I've ever known, buys a car to fit their personality. If they like to off-road, they get a jeep. if they like to go fast, they get a muscle car. if they have a small penis, they buy a huge lifted truck which serves no logical purpose. it's what you feel comfortable with. same applies to girls and their hair. It's a poor comparison i grant you that, but I can't think of a better one...unless you want to talk about losing a testicle.

Reactions: jcj

Nikki2184

so, can someone please post something worth discussing on this thread so we can stop talking about freaking HAIR! Come on...anyone need to know something about OCS at Newport? War spoons? Eating by the numbers? PT? DIs? Classing up? Throw me a bone here....

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Ok, to change the subject a little. I remember when our class chief got her hair cut. They chopped it and she was not happy. We all were wondering why she got it cut like that, but none of us wanted to point it out.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
....Guys, think about watching your prized Jeep 4x4 or Mustang GT get put into a crusher, then someone hands you the keys to a 1989 volvo station wagon which you get to drive to work every day.....
I thought you were discussing hair, not marriage....

nugget61

pilot
With regards to the PRT, I've heard the saying "good low or don't go" - is this in reference to every section or just the overall score? (I'm working on it, but I've been known to be outrun by cows)