• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

causekim

I am applying for intel, and i am getting interviews done now

Does the intel officer that i am having an interview with have to be O-5 or above?
I heard it has to be an intel who is O-5 or above, i am not sure if that is true.
Currently i got interviews done with O-3 (intel), and O-6 (SWO). I understand that the higher the rank, the better, but can I go with O-3 Intel?

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Does the intel officer that i am having an interview with have to be O-5 or above?
I heard it has to be an intel who is O-5 or above, i am not sure if that is true.
Currently i got interviews done with O-3 (intel), and O-6 (SWO). I understand that the higher the rank, the better, but can I go with O-3 Intel?

Your CCC and the Fleet OCS checklist can help you with this.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6

Its specified in the instruction. As an Intel O, you are going to be scouring the interwebs to find the answer for niche questions... I went with O4s and up for mine and was picked up on the first application.

Ok. I have a packing question. When I went through bootcamp, they provided everything.

The OCS packing list has items we should bring. Will they provide whatever I don’t bring? For example, I can wear the navy issued tighty whiteys. I don’t care enough to buy my own before hand. But I do care about some nice boot socks. So will everything I don’t bring be provided? Or will I be hemmed up for not bringing 7 pairs of my own white socks?

Jacksa71

Ok. I have a packing question. When I went through bootcamp, they provided everything.

The OCS packing list has items we should bring. Will they provide whatever I don’t bring? For example, I can wear the navy issued tighty whiteys. I don’t care enough to buy my own before hand. But I do care about some nice boot socks. So will everything I don’t bring be provided? Or will I be hemmed up for not bringing 7 pairs of my own white socks?
You will not be issue underwear there. They will be out of pocket. They will only issue items in the OCR, pretty sure you can find it on here somewhere. Socks etc, they will only issue a certain amount, however, you can buy more out pocket. Everything is out of pocket honesty. The allowance they will provide does not cover the total cost of the issue items.

Tracker95

You will not be issue underwear there. They will be out of pocket. They will only issue items in the OCR, pretty sure you can find it on here somewhere. Socks etc, they will only issue a certain amount, however, you can buy more out pocket. Everything is out of pocket honesty. The allowance they will provide does not cover the total cost of the issue items.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)

Bring your own underwear. You’ll be issued boot socks, but you should bring nice ones anyway bc the issued ones aren’t great tbh

The white socks they give you are pretty solid, but you might want to bring more bc you’ll need to keep a few pairs clean for inspections

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
YMMV. I've been wearing my OCS-issue boot socks every day I've put on NWUs or a flight suit, and three years in they're still going strong. Bring your own, but your feet aren't going to fall off if you forget.

YMMV. I've been wearing my OCS-issue boot socks every day I've put on NWUs or a flight suit, and three years in they're still going strong. Bring your own, but your feet aren't going to fall off if you forget.
This might be a silly question, how often are you putting on NWUs as a naval aviator?

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
This might be a silly question, how often are you putting on NWUs as a naval aviator?
In A-Pool, you'll probably wear your khakis more bc that's the uniform for most of the watches and what you have to wear to the all hands meetings. I wear NWUs all the time bc of my stash job at the naval aviation museum

Weepandsweep

I’m a bit worried I may have accidentally lied at MEPS. So i took adhd meds my freshman year of college however I never had an IEP or 504 plan in high school. In that year i got test accommodations and therapy from the school, I called and asked the disability office and they told me that accommodations did not count as an IEP or 504. I also asked my recruiter and he said that didn’t count as an IEP or 504 and to leave it out at MEPS. Now I’m feeling worried because I feel like these accommodations really would be something they would want to know about and I’m fearful now that this will bite me in the butt and honestly it’s weighing on my conscience.