• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

villo0692

How would someone redes to SEAL without going through SOAS? The SEAL O pipeline starts way before OCS. You have to go out to Coronado after MEPS to get through SOAS (Seal Officer Assessment Selection) basically a 2 week mini buds and then you get interviewed and then selected to attend OCS.

I guess if they were a prior SEAL that would work but no way off the streets.
They go to SOAS after OCS, and only commission after they finish it

exNavyOffRec

Great input, much appreciated. Ill look into a check in with the eye doctor, although Ive never had any issues.
Just be aware you may be good now, but eyes can change. I saw candidates get DQ'd for eye but it was usually failing depth perception after they failed at MEPS and then doctor shopped. I know of a few whose vision was borderline that while waiting for OCS it degraded just slightly that led them to a DQ.

exNavyOffRec

Do yall think being active duty makes any difference in acceptance rates?
yes/no/maybe is the answer, like @BattlingTrain said for aviation it is ASTB, when you look at something like IWC if a person is in an IWC rate that can help but too much TIS can hurt, PAO is absolutely, but most others not really.

enlisted time however can't help those that have a low GPA.

madiego

yes/no/maybe is the answer, like @BattlingTrain said for aviation it is ASTB, when you look at something like IWC if a person is in an IWC rate that can help but too much TIS can hurt, PAO is absolutely, but most others not really.

enlisted time however can't help those that have a low GPA.
Do you know if they look at overall GPA (since I went to community college) or only the GPA of my 4-year university?

Enigma

Can I wear bring toe socks to OCS? I want to bring them because they help prevent blisters. All the gouge that I have says that the socks should be white.

villo0692

Can I wear bring toe socks to OCS? I want to bring them because they help prevent blisters. All the gouge that I have says that the socks should be white.
Yes they should be white tube socks for PT. You can wear other sucks under your white socks though so long you can’t see them

Santorini1991

Question about travel from Providence airport to OCS - Recruiter said to go to USO office at TF Green airport and someone will transport to base. However, pretty sure from search that there is no USO office at Providence (so wonder if recruiter info is out of date) and everything on the OCS website says candidates need to make their own way to the base and book a taxi that has base access.
Anyone also fly into Providence have any insight into this? Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Question about travel from Providence airport to OCS - Recruiter said to go to USO office at TF Green airport and someone will transport to base. However, pretty sure from search that there is no USO office at Providence (so wonder if recruiter info is out of date) and everything on the OCS website says candidates need to make their own way to the base and book a taxi that has base access.
Anyone also fly into Providence have any insight into this? Thanks!

The airport has a military lounge:

They can help book you a taxi / shuttle, but the rule of thumb has always been to use the Newport Shuttle.

Santorini1991

The airport has a military lounge:

They can help book you a taxi / shuttle, but the rule of thumb has always been to use the Newport Shuttle.
Thanks but the flight arrives at 10.40pm and lounge is only open until 7pm supposedly. No evidence of any shuttle service when searching via Google. Was this awhile ago?

When I arrived last summer I just took a taxi from the airport and was reimbursed for it near the end of OCS after giving them the receipt (I think it was about $90). Before I left my recruiter told me that someone would pick me up at the airport, but I don't recall seeing this or hearing of anyone else taking a shuttle. My best guess is they suspended the shuttle at least temporarily due to COVID since they explicitly told us not to share travel/lodging with other candidates before arriving. I'm not sure if they brought it back in the last year.

Enigma

How much running do you do at OCS? I watched a video on YouTube that said it's 3 miles.

In the beginning of OCS, do they start off with 3 miles? Or do they start off with less miles and then build up? What is the most distance I should expect to run straight?