• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
1) Theoretically I will graduate OCS on Nov 20th, let’s say I hot-tailed it down to Pensacola to check in. I assume I would get whatever the normal Christmas leave is, plus whatever I had saved from OCS and my three weeks in Pensacola, but could I go negative like I could with the NLT?

2) Use all my days up till NLT, Dec 20th maybe for example, and then not get to be home for Christmas at all, could I go more negative? This seems like a bad idea I know.

2) Further, do they still charge you for leave when some of your leave fell over a normal holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, or whatever)?

1. Don't count on graduating OCS at ANY particular date. You will understand why when you get there.

2. Leave is leave. Military leave is far more generous than civilian leave, so ALL of it counts, even weekends. Doesn't matter if it's a saturday, christmas, the 4th of July, or whatever. If you're on leave, it legally must be charged.

3. Count on being the duty bitch when you first get ANYWHERE in the Navy. As the new guy, you'll be the go-to guy for duty, so I wouldn't count on checking in with leave-chit in hand. They may be filling your name in on the duty schedule. By all means try to get the leave, but if they need you, you'll be standing watch. Just checked in a week before christmas? Damn, well I guess you're in khakis behind a desk on christmas eve, then, ENS FNG!

DaSilva11

A-Pool SNA
What's the current backlog for a classup date up to now? I think I saw a Nov 1 date not too long ago.

I know there are classes before then, but I'm guessing they're all filled cause I got my final select on July 2nd and they gave me Nov. 1, 2009 as my OCS date. Any dates after that I'm not sure of. Maybe I'll see ya there

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
IIRC schools command was letting people go up to negative 10 days back when i was there about this time last year.

although that may have changed by now so your mileage may vary.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
When do you take your physical fitness tests? Is it before you file your application or some other time?

Depends on your recruiter. Some do it before their application, some after Pro-Rec. Either way, you need it completed to get Final Select.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Just to be sure

So search function has failed me yet again. Maybe I need to learn how to use better keywords.

So Christmas Leave for OCS is from which date to which? XXDec - XXJan? All the answers I keep finding are a bit confusing and my recruiter isn't sure either. Anyone mind clarifying?

Thanks in advance.

DaveI

When we get to OCS we are told to bring medical and dental records... how long of a history are they looking for? I don't even remember who my doctors were before I was going into High School

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
When we get to OCS we are told to bring medical and dental records... how long of a history are they looking for? I don't even remember who my doctors were before I was going into High School

Well, your current doc should have all of your medical records....I hope :confused:

Because I am in the same boat....ahem ship.

ExcaliburUSN

well, this is a stupid question thread, so i may as well ask a stupid question.

Im an OC through the BDCP program. The CoC at the office I report to are awesome people, just a bit slow passing information my way, i just found out in the last week or so about all the things i had to have (and have since) memorized for OCS. Today I was told to check out this site to try and contact anyone who will be classing up with me in 10 days (August 16, 2009) and get some basics from the gouge. So I joined the site and am working my way around it. However, I have found no threads indicating how to get ahold of people that will be classing up with me. I also was informed that many OCs show up at OCS the night before and have dinner together to get acquainted before the stuff hits the fan the next morning. Are any of you guys gonna be classing up with me?

lintoncr

I'm active duty Navy, do I need to submit a 1306 w/ my OCS application? If so, what does it need to say? My NC1 and I were trying to figure this out today with no success. Also, it seems like there are a few designators for pilot within the OCS instruction (139x, 131x, 1395) what are the designators that I need to put on my application for pilot, NFO, PAO? Thanks for the help.

blarged

ready
well, this is a stupid question thread, so i may as well ask a stupid question.

Im an OC through the BDCP program. The CoC at the office I report to are awesome people, just a bit slow passing information my way, i just found out in the last week or so about all the things i had to have (and have since) memorized for OCS. Today I was told to check out this site to try and contact anyone who will be classing up with me in 10 days (August 16, 2009) and get some basics from the gouge. So I joined the site and am working my way around it. However, I have found no threads indicating how to get ahold of people that will be classing up with me. I also was informed that many OCs show up at OCS the night before and have dinner together to get acquainted before the stuff hits the fan the next morning. Are any of you guys gonna be classing up with me?

check USNavyOCS.com for more people as well

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
The guards will strip search you and make you do jumping jacks while the CO of OTCN watches. Then, they will tell your DI your car issue and he or she will put his (or her) finger up your butt (don't think "well at least it could be a chick" because she will use the finger with the nail she proudly calls the 'shovel'.) You best just show up with no glass on your car.