• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Tumbleweed33

Great advice thank you. By easy you mean maybe a few miles at say 4-5 mph?
Depends on the person. Look to exert 50% effort on easy runs you should be at a point where you are not huffing and puffing but you are still running.

Whereas your 1.5 miler is 80-90% effort. Like Villo said anything more WILL cause an over use injury.

Mmastv

Hello everyone!
I am currently active duty and I have a few questions in regards to the OPNAV 1420. 1B application form. I am applying for OCS hoping to get picked up for the IP community. Is the Commanding Officer's Recommendation on page 10 the CO endorsement letter? Also, does anyone have a format that I can follow.

ijsha_brooks

JustDoIt!
Hello everyone!
I am currently active duty and I have a few questions in regards to the OPNAV 1420. 1B application form. I am applying for OCS hoping to get picked up for the IP community. Is the Commanding Officer's Recommendation on page 10 the CO endorsement letter? Also, does anyone have a format that I can follow.
If you go on the OCS MYNAVYHR page you’ll see a bunch of things you need to begin your process as well as guidance for personnel signatures. Follow the checklist on there and you’ll be money.

Mmastv

If you go on the OCS MYNAVYHR page you’ll see a bunch of things you need to begin your process as well as guidance for personnel signatures. Follow the checklist on there and you’ll be money.
I am following the checklist. All I need now is 3 appraisals and my co signature. Someone mentioned to me about a CO endorsement, which is why I am reaching out to this feed. Is page 10 on the application the CO endorsement?

RhodesReese

Yes page 10. That will be where your CO will essentially write a letter of recommendation and sign it this endorsing your package.

Do you know where I can find a format or an example?
There is no format because every CO has its writing style. Most of the packages I have seen before started with an impact statement in the first paragraph that says, "SN your name has my ABSOLUTE STRONGEST PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION for IMMEDIATE SELECTION for the Officer Candidate School (OCS) Program in the Information Warfare Community."

Hope that helps. Goodluck.

RhodesReese

Do you know where I can find a format or an example?
There is no specific format. Read the 1420 to see if there is verbiage required to be in there. If not the CO can write whatever he wants in there. It’s his recommendation for you to go to OCS.

Mmastv

Know google is a cop out answer, but it is handy for finding LOR templates and such.

Also, you can always ask your command admin.
Thank you so much. I have everything done except for the three appraisals and my CO's endorsement. I am currently working on the draft and I will be sending it up soon.

Last edited:
Hey all,
On deployment right now and have been working out in prep for OCS (Nov), however I jacked my knees up pretty bad and am dealing with a major case of runners knee in both knees. That said, I was wondering if I brought knee sleeves (ex. Ace sleeves) or simple knee braces that go around the patellar, will I be able to wear them in OCS? I'm in pretty good shape and can do most HIIT exercises with the knee sleeves on. I read in here that you can get chits for things and wanted to know if this was one that I could get a chit for. Thanks in advance.

CWO_change

"Stupid" question, but when/why did the drill instructors and RDCs stop yelling at candidates in the galley? I'm in Newport for a class and that's no longer a thing (honestly a good change to be honest). I don't even see the DIs out and about even marching with the candidates around the base, which has been very odd!

kookylukey

"Stupid" question, but when/why did the drill instructors and RDCs stop yelling at candidates in the galley? I'm in Newport for a class and that's no longer a thing (honestly a good change to be honest). I don't even see the DIs out and about even marching with the candidates around the base, which has been very odd!
I was there not even a year ago and they were definitely yelling at us. Granted only the red/blue ropes and DIs would yell. More specifically at their own class. Once you got into the later stages they pretty much stopped yelling, but more because we weren't messing up as much and just further through the program. But if you were to go in first week of indoc it's still a show.