• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

NevarYalnal

GPA: 3.58
GPA from college in 2009 - 2010 for 3 semesters was bad. 6 credit hours were transferred to current degree. Not sure how they will calculate.
Your GPA is calculated across everything everything you ever took, regardless of whether or not you were awarded a degree. It should just be a straight average of everything. You should factor that in for your true GPA if the 3.58 doesn't take those 3 semesters into account.

JMT865

Somewhere within this thread is a google doc. posted by someone regarding a day to day/week to week schedule of OCS... does anybody have this?

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Somewhere within this thread is a google doc. posted by someone regarding a day to day/week to week schedule of OCS... does anybody have this?

I promise you nothing you find on here will be accurate - and even if it was, why would you want it? You’re overthinking this, man.

for civilian applicants to SWO, do I need to complete interview appraisals? My OR told me to reference threads online about this question. Someone said it's for people in active duty to complete interview appraisals. Any help is appreciated

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
I was treated as a civilian applicant but still did interviews. I'm not sure how the board perceived it, but I was able to get 10s from three intel O4s.

I was treated as a civilian applicant but still did interviews. I'm not sure how the board perceived it, but I was able to get 10s from three intel O4s.
is it more common for intel applicants to need interviews? I was told my exNavyOfficerRec that it's not necessary, but if it could give me an advantage in my application I would do one

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
is it more common for intel applicants to need interviews? I was told my exNavyOfficerRec that it's not necessary, but if it could give me an advantage in my application I would do one
I cant think a reason that having good interviews from SWOs would hurt you. I just can't guarantee the board will consider it. It is a little more leg work on your part, but probably doable.

I cant think a reason that having good interviews from SWOs would hurt you. I just can't guarantee the board will consider it. It is a little more leg work on your part, but probably doable.
If i'm going for SWO, does that mean I need to interview with current / retired SWO's? I know an Admiral but he probably is way to busy to do something with me.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
If i'm going for SWO, does that mean I need to interview with current / retired SWO's? I know an Admiral but he probably is way to busy to do something with me.
The admiral may be able to point you in the right direction though. A buddy of mine knew the intel Capt at the academy and he blasted an email out telling the commanders to reach out to me.

Meyerkord

pilot
From what I’ve seen, it’s more common in the intel community. Aviation applicants don’t need them at all (at least when I applied). Just seems to depend on the community