• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Wbeach2635

The OCS website says that I need to bring my wife's actual birth cert and social security card (photo-copies not allowed) among other things in order to get her enrolled in DEERS. I'm AD right now and she is already enrolled here at my current duty station. Do I actually need to bring any of these things?
Yes you need all that stuff.

CWO_change

The OCS website says that I need to bring my wife's actual birth cert and social security card (photo-copies not allowed) among other things in order to get her enrolled in DEERS. I'm AD right now and she is already enrolled here at my current duty station. Do I actually need to bring any of these things?

I don't see why you would. DEERS is a DOD-wide system. Officer Training Command is just one of many DOD commands. If your spouse is enrolled in DEERS already, I don't know why you'd have to re-enroll her at OCS.

kyleerlich

Question for anyone who knows:
I'm stationed out in Pearl Harbor. If selected for OCS, how does the Navy handle the move? Do I maintain BAH out here while attending OCS in Newport? Does the Navy pack up my HHG and put them in storage until finishing OCS? I'm looking for an overall explanation of "here's what your life in the Navy looks like while making the transition from current duty station to next duty station after OCS." Thank you in advance!

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
My HHG move will be storing my belongings. As far as BAH is concerned...i believe you will get BAH for Newport as long as you have dependents

LoLo

Clown
Hey everyone,

Recent OCS grad. Graduated in May of 2020 with 10-20. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Just want to be helpful to anyone going soon, or considering it.

Hey Bentley,
Congrats on graduating-- I remember you from the group that applied for the SNA/SNFO Board in August of last year. I was bummed to see you were one of the ones who didn't make it then, but I'm super happy to know you still found your way in as a SWO!

For anyone else reading this: DON'T GIVE UP!

Infinitedouble

Hey everyone,

Recent OCS grad. Graduated in May of 2020 with 10-20. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Just want to be helpful to anyone going soon, or considering it.
Congrats on gr
Hey everyone,

Congratulations Ma'am on your recent graduation, I leave for OCS in October and was wondering if there has been any significant changes to the program due the pandemic. Is there anything we need to prepare for differently? Do we get to wear face mask? Do we get to run with a mask? Do we still get to do group PT and run 3 miles 3 times a week? Is the swim qual run differently? Overall what will be your general advice to someone getting ready to ship to OCS in terms of getting ready in this unique times? Thank you.

Congrats on gr

Congratulations Ma'am on your recent graduation, I leave for OCS in October and was wondering if there has been any significant changes to the program due the pandemic. Is there anything we need to prepare for differently? Do we get to wear face mask? Do we get to run with a mask? Do we still get to do group PT and run 3 miles 3 times a week? Is the swim qual run differently? Overall what will be your general advice to someone getting ready to ship to OCS in terms of getting ready in this unique times? Thank you.

Yes, there have been changes, but they are doing their best to keep the same environment as before. Obviously some things do change because of the pandemic. PT is still very much a thing. So definitely continue to prepare for that. I don't really know the ins and outs of the different evolutions, in regards to the modifications due to the pandemic simply because most of my evolutions were done for the most part. As far as advice I would offer, make sure you are preparing appendix bravo. They are holding people on a 2 week ROM when you first get there, so ideally you should be pretty solid with your knowledge come RLP.

Hey Bentley,
Congrats on graduating-- I remember you from the group that applied for the SNA/SNFO Board in August of last year. I was bummed to see you were one of the ones who didn't make it then, but I'm super happy to know you still found your way in as a SWO!

For anyone else reading this: DON'T GIVE UP!
Thank you. It was a LONG journey but I am so happy that I stuck with it!! I know everyone says this, but if I can do it, ANYONE CAN!! Just remember why you started this fight in the beginning.

kzokhidov

Hey everyone,

Congratulations

Is there new Appendix B ?
Were Curl Ups replaced by Planks ?

Thank You

Congratulations

Is there new Appendix B ?
Were Curl Ups replaced by Planks ?

Thank You
When I left, we did our Out PFA with curl ups. I heard rumors of the planks coming very shortly, but I'm not sure they were implemented yet. I would practice both to be safe. In regards to Appendix B, I believe most of the information stayed the same. However, the new OCR did come out. It specified that Appendix C also includes Appendix B. Only thing that wasn't in the Appendix B I was given that you need to know is the watch standing principles. definitely know those! (7 & 8 are long and can be popular with the RDCs and DIs for RLP.)

Infinitedouble

Yes, there have been changes, but they are doing their best to keep the same environment as before. Obviously some things do change because of the pandemic. PT is still very much a thing. So definitely continue to prepare for that. I don't really know the ins and outs of the different evolutions, in regards to the modifications due to the pandemic simply because most of my evolutions were done for the most part. As far as advice I would offer, make sure you are preparing appendix bravo. They are holding people on a 2 week ROM when you first get there, so ideally you should be pretty solid with your knowledge come RLP.
Thank you for the response. Much appreciated.

Ventus

Weather Guesser
pilot
I have khaki short and long sleeve shirts as well as ties from my time as an enlisted Marine. Can I have the rank removed and use those?

I have khaki short and long sleeve shirts as well as ties from my time as an enlisted Marine. Can I have the rank removed and use those?
You can try with the short sleeved shirts (the long sleeve won't be used) but dont be surprised if they make you repurchase some while you're at OCS.