• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Meyerkord

pilot
Great post. Thanks for giving out the most updated gouge and congrats on finishing OCS!

There will be no more physical copies of OCRs. They’re all going to be digital and on the computers.
Very interesting. How do ghost tokens work? I graduated before those were a thing. Are there computers in all the rooms now?

Spatulas are the way of the future
This had me laughing pretty damn hard ? as a former clipboard enthusiast, I'm glad to see people are still being innovative.

HSalt

5. Be prepared for the IST. You are going to get sharked.... hard. A couple people were caught cheating and ever since they have been watching very, very closely. If your form sucks, you’re going to get pulled. If you try and cheat, you’ll be in student pool in about 20 seconds.
Was the sharking mostly for not breaking 90 and going all the way up on the push-ups? My command's ACFLs have been strict on that for the past few cycles.

senatesnob

Nothing worse than the House of Represenatives
Great post. Thanks for giving out the most updated gouge and congrats on finishing OCS!

Very interesting. How do ghost tokens work? I graduated before those were a thing. Are there computers in all the rooms now?

This had me laughing pretty damn hard ? as a former clipboard enthusiast, I'm glad to see people are still being innovative.

OCS is in the process of installing computers in every room. While this may seem great, it more or less equates to just another inspectable item for RLP and OPI. The ghost tokens works just like a CAC, each card is issued to a student and class team can see exactly what you’ve been up to.

We tried to be innovative! Our class team was among the hardest at OCS currently (and that is not just from me but from their peers). Their bed flipping technique was on point if you screwed up; somehow you’d end up with your slightly jacked bed perfectly upside down under the mattress when they were done with your p-way.

Was the sharking mostly for not breaking 90 and going all the way up on the push-ups? My command's ACFLs have been strict on that for the past few cycles.

For the push-ups specifically, they have started a process of tapping you on the foot to get your attention if you are wrong. Frankly speaking, you know what a good pushup looks like, the RDCs/DIs know what a good pushup looks like, and while you may know how to game the system your RDCs and DIs know as well. A lot of priors had issues/rolled because they did a “Fleet Standard” push up or curl up rather than what the proper form is. After the whole cheating scandal, don’t even try it with any PFA. They are always watching and counting.

AULANI

If any of you worried about the IST or subsequent PRTs at OCS then you are already behind the curve. The days you do the PRT are the least physically demanding days at OCS because you are basically doing 15-20 min of exercise (with breaks in-between). Compare that to a standard PT day which could be a 3+ mile run and some sort of HIIT as well. Or just getting beat by your DIs because your shoelace was untied.

Believe it or not but at a certain point (usually right before candio phase) people will actually volunteer to get beat by their DIs/Chiefs because you just aren't working out enough.

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

senatesnob

Believe it or not but at a certain point (usually right before candio phase) people will actually volunteer to get beat by their DIs/Chiefs because you just aren't working out enough.

IT'S NOT THAT HARD

I can 100% agree with this. I did many a demerit work off with my classmates/randos because we weren’t getting beat enough. They become kind of fun after a certain point because you get to have a little one on one time with a RDC/DI. Depending on the particular one, they might give you some solid life advice or sea stories. Or you might die, so roll the dice.

HSalt

For the push-ups specifically, they have started a process of tapping you on the foot to get your attention if you are wrong. Frankly speaking, you know what a good pushup looks like, the RDCs/DIs know what a good pushup looks like, and while you may know how to game the system your RDCs and DIs know as well. A lot of priors had issues/rolled because they did a “Fleet Standard” push up or curl up rather than what the proper form is. After the whole cheating scandal, don’t even try it with any PFA. They are always watching and counting.
I'll just practice nearly chest-to-deck push-ups and top-of-shoulder to top-of-knee curl ups and avoid drawing any attention in the first place.

In the fleet we get about two warnings before we're cut off. Is it more of a one and done warning at OCS?

senatesnob

I'll just practice nearly chest-to-deck push-ups and top-of-shoulder to top-of-knee curl ups and avoid drawing any attention in the first place.

In the fleet we get about two warnings before we're cut off. Is it more of a one and done warning at OCS?

They’ll tap your shoe to let you know it is you their talking to when they’re correcting. If you don’t fix it, you’ll get another tap to stand up. Your first plan sounds the good; best to just have good form and not play with fire.

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
So I've been wearing corframs my whole career (13 years). With that being said I was wondering are you required to wear leather shoes in OCS. I know the OCS website says prior enlisted car bring uniform items that they already have.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So I've been wearing corframs my whole career (13 years). With that being said I was wondering are you required to wear leather shoes in OCS. I know the OCS website says prior enlisted car bring uniform items that they already have.

Pretty sure part of uniform inspections is to look at your regular shoes so...

PDustin

My recruiter told me I am selected for the OCS February 2020, but I have not received the confirmation letter yet. And a few days ago, the Navy sent an mail to my workplace to ask basically if my boss still recommend me for the service or not. Is this something I should worry about?

Meyerkord

pilot
My recruiter told me I am selected for the OCS February 2020, but I have not received the confirmation letter yet. And a few days ago, the Navy sent an mail to my workplace to ask basically if my boss still recommend me for the service or not. Is this something I should worry about?
Nah. They reached out to all my employers too. I would go with what your recruiter says and wait for the FINSEL letter.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
And a few days ago, the Navy sent an mail to my workplace to ask basically if my boss still recommend me for the service or not. Is this something I should worry about?
Only if you've been slacking at work in anticipation of leaving....