• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Meyerkord

pilot
If only they could give him more than a NAM. He helped me keep my head up during the TNPQ process. 11/10 human being and probably a 12/10 naval officer.
Yeah he's an awesome person. We caught up briefly when he got down to Pensacola. Super humble and down to Earth. Glad he's finally in the pipeline.

Reactions: AAL

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Yeah he's an awesome person. We caught up briefly when he got down to Pensacola. Super humble and down to Earth. Glad he's finally in the pipeline.
I hope I can get back in and bump into him in the fleet someday. OTCN had him in unofficial "command" of student pool and med hold, and he rocked it, with an unrelentingly positive attitude, despite the fact that somebody else's mistake cost him 2 years of his life. I'd serve under his command in a canoe across the Atlantic, nevermind an actual squadron or air wing.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
I hope I can get back in and bump into him in the fleet someday. OTCN had him in unofficial "command" of student pool and med hold, and he rocked it, with an unrelentingly positive attitude, despite the fact that somebody else's mistake cost him 2 years of his life. I'd serve under his command in a canoe across the Atlantic, nevermind an actual squadron or air wing.
That’s absolutely insane. What was it about his clearance that held him up that long?

Meyerkord

pilot
"2 all white bath towel and hand towel" does that mean 2 of each or 2 total?
Doesn't really matter, tbh. You'll get issued 2 white towels and 2 white rags which are small, scratchy, stringy pieces of shit that you (should) use for RLP. Anything you bring is just used for regular showering purposes. I think I brought 2 towels but ended up leaving 1 in my lucky bag because it was pretty bulky.

papacarter

College Student
My o recruiter sent in my pilot application yesterday. Any chance I can get accepted before the board convenes in mid-August?

browntown

My o recruiter sent in my pilot application yesterday. Any chance I can get accepted before the board convenes in mid-August?

Maybe. Search around here for “auto qual” and get your recruiter to tell you your calculator score so you can find out if you’re eligible.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
That’s absolutely insane. What was it about his clearance that held him up that long?
He had an aunt's cousin in the IDF that he didn't know about.

'cause, you know. Things are tense with us and Israel, and always have been. /s

I met another guy in student pool whose clearance had been punted off into oblivion because declaring that his wife was born in Mexico apparently failed to imply that his wife's relatives were - wait for it - Mexican nationals.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
He had an aunt's cousin in the IDF that he didn't know about.

'cause, you know. Things are tense with us and Israel, and always have been. /s

I met another guy in student pool whose clearance had been punted off into oblivion because declaring that his wife was born in Mexico apparently failed to imply that his wife's relatives were - wait for it - Mexican nationals.

And he commissioned with 08-19! I love that guy. Didn't even get too pissed off at their screw up, he was just happy it worked out.

For the recommended for all students section:
https://www.public.navy.mil/netc/nstc/otcn/ocs_required_and_recommended_items.aspx
"2 all white bath towel and hand towel" does that mean 2 of each or 2 total?
For the sunscreen and hand lotion, are these small containers that are carried in pockets in uniform or is the intention to be applied before leaving our room?
Thank you for your help.

You are issued white towels and bath towels but save those for RLP. Bring your own for personal use. Also you won't need sunscreen. Sunburn is the least of your worries. Lotion yes but you'll only use it during hygiene time.