• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You can have someone do a private commissioning for you at OCS. You still get to walk across the stage with everyone else but technically you'll already be commissioned at that point.

Can you then order your classmates around in the interim since you outrank them? Bonus points if you pull rank on another Ensign because you were commissioned ahead of them. Not that that happened to a fellow Ensign friend of mine...

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Can you then order your classmates around in the interim since you outrank them? Bonus points if you pull rank on another Ensign because you were commissioned ahead of them. Not that that happened to a fellow Ensign friend of mine...
When you're pouring yourselves into the taxicab back to the BOQ, you need to know where everybody's lineal numbers fall out so that the senior person is the last to board and, of course, take their rightful place in the right rear seat.

#tradition
#smallboatprotocolmatters

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
When you're pouring yourselves into the taxicab back to the BOQ, you need to know where everybody's lineal numbers fall out so that the senior person is the last to board and, of course, take their rightful place in the right rear seat.

Sadly, this (alleged) incident happened at work.

Question: I’m currently an enlisted recruiter and there are rumors flying around that there are about to be a lot of changes at OCS and RTC in regards to PT due to the recruit that recently passed away...has anyone heard or experienced this?

AULANI

Question: I’m currently an enlisted recruiter and there are rumors flying around that there are about to be a lot of changes at OCS and RTC in regards to PT due to the recruit that recently passed away...has anyone heard or experienced this?
What changes could they possibly make? Out of the thousands of sailors that take the PFA twice a year, how many die as a result? My guess is that it's an extremely low number.

What changes could they possibly make? Out of the thousands of sailors that take the PFA twice a year, how many die as a result? My guess is that it's an extremely low number.

You’re right, however if we just take boot camp as an example...it is constantly changing due to the number of injuries that have occurred, etc. The PRT won’t change but the “beatings” most definitely have. Just a question as like I said, I’ve heard rumors from our higher ups and the OR’s.