• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

David0619

Stupid question: on the OCS website it says 6 pairs of basic briefs/underwear. Do they all have to be the same kind/type/style/color? and anyway you can get away with bringing an extra pair or two?

LET73

Stupid question: on the OCS website it says 6 pairs of basic briefs/underwear. Do they all have to be the same kind/type/style/color? and anyway you can get away with bringing an extra pair or two?
I hear they've stopped looking at your skivvies, so you should bring some brightly colored ones if you'll be there in the summer.

David0619

I hear they've stopped looking at your skivvies, so you should bring some brightly colored ones if you'll be there in the summer.
I was bringing two white briefs for dress whites and black others. Do they literally count them? also, is an electric razor authorized?

Last edited:

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
I was bringing two white briefs for dress whites and black others. Do they literally count them? also, is an electric razor authorized?
They don't count or look at your underwear. 6 is just a suggestion. Electric razor is not authorized until candio phase.

CEC-MS

They don't count or look at your underwear. 6 is just a suggestion. Electric razor is not authorized until candio phase.

I assume we need a certain quantity of white skivvies for the room inspections, right? I bought some white skivvies (haven't used those in years) for OCS and I just figured out why I stopped wearing them in that color. They show EVERYTHING.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I assume we need a certain quantity of white skivvies for the room inspections, right? I bought some white skivvies (haven't used those in years) for OCS and I just figured out why I stopped wearing them in that color. They show EVERYTHING.
They do not inspect skivvies anymore, buy as many of whatever kind you like. Just don't wear any particularly colorful or hilarious ones underneath your whites.

speedroller

Rangers
Question regarding of being a homeowner. Is there anyone dealing with the same situation? Have a house and going to ocs. I understand that the orders can be either Pensacola or Corpus Christi for the aviation folks. Does Navy offer any assistance to help sell the house?

Thanks

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
Question regarding of being a homeowner. Is there anyone dealing with the same situation? Have a house and going to ocs. I understand that the orders can be either Pensacola or Corpus Christi for the aviation folks. Does Navy offer any assistance to help sell the house?
Yep, I'm also a homeowner. I'm leaning towards putting the house on the market now with the stipulation that whoever buys it can't move in until I'm gone. One alternative would be to wait to sell it until I'm through OCS, but that would mean continuing to pay the mortgage during OCS, and also putting it on the market somewhere around December, which isn't the best time to try to sell.

speedroller

Rangers
Yep, I'm also a homeowner. I'm leaning towards putting the house on the market now with the stipulation that whoever buys it can't move in until I'm gone. One alternative would be to wait to sell it until I'm through OCS, but that would mean continuing to pay the mortgage during OCS, and also putting it on the market somewhere around December, which isn't the best time to try to sell.

What is your OCS date? I could maybe be willing to have someone rent it out, based on a 6 month lease and have it on the market. It's a tough choice. And once the orders are recieved, are your moving expenses covered or reimbursed?

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
What is your OCS date? I could maybe be willing to have someone rent it out, based on a 6 month lease and have it on the market. It's a tough choice. And once the orders are recieved, are your moving expenses covered or reimbursed?
It's tentatively 31 Aug. I'm reluctant to rent; if I end up with a crappy tenant who trashes my house, it will be a lot harder to deal with that long-distance on top of my Navy duties. Someone more knowledgeable should verify this, but I don't think you get moving expenses covered until after you commission. Additionally, I've been told that we get a weight allowance for moves that depends on rank; as an O-1, I'm not sure they would move my entire house full of furniture...

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
I don't think you get moving expenses covered until after you commission. Additionally, I've been told that we get a weight allowance for moves that depends on rank; as an O-1, I'm not sure they would move my entire house full of furniture...

Not sure about before you comission but as an O-1 the Navy will pay for you to move 10,000 pounds or 12,000 pounds if you have dependants. Goes up 1,000-2,000 pounds with each rank.

You can also move an unlimited amount of professional gear.

speedroller

Rangers
It's tentatively 31 Aug. I'm reluctant to rent; if I end up with a crappy tenant who trashes my house, it will be a lot harder to deal with that long-distance on top of my Navy duties. Someone more knowledgeable should verify this, but I don't think you get moving expenses covered until after you commission. Additionally, I've been told that we get a weight allowance for moves that depends on rank; as an O-1, I'm not sure they would move my entire house full of furniture...

Yes, I was interested in the after comissioning phase. Somewhere on the forum I read that after graduation from OCS, new Ensigns had 4 days to report to the new duty station or trainin area.