• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

rhinoh82

There actually is quite a bit of drill, but it's amazing how uncoordinated or just plain retarded some people are when it comes to drill. Our class got beat constantly because a few people that probably shouldn't have been there anyway just didn't get it.

Yeah, I think the 10% rule applies to all branches of the service.:D

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
There actually is quite a bit of drill, but it's amazing how uncoordinated or just plain retarded some people are when it comes to drill. Our class got beat constantly because a few people that probably shouldn't have been there anyway just didn't get it.
Coming to the defense of whoever that poor Ensign was (who will remain completely anonymous), you stop drilling after your drill comp (week 7) and then practice for graduation for like 2 days in week 12 in different squads and / or families so it's easier then you think to f**k it up. If you want to watch drill comp videos just search our class out and that should prove that we weren't a bag of ass.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
If you go in the summer, is pretty much all the drill you'll learn.

In the winter, you'll learn just basic marching since you'll drill in the gym and won't have to march during drill comp.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
If you go in the summer, is pretty much all the drill you'll learn.

In the winter, you'll learn just basic marching since you'll drill in the gym and won't have to march during drill comp.
Till they make a bigger parade deck (I'm holding my breath now...)it's the indoor card for everyone. The weather was still plenty warm enough for ours, but our DI switched it since we didn't have the room to march the right way.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Coming to the defense of whoever that poor Ensign was (who will remain completely anonymous), you stop drilling after your drill comp (week 7) and then practice for graduation for like 2 days in week 12 in different squads and / or families so it's easier then you think to f**k it up. If you want to watch drill comp videos just search our class out and that should prove that we weren't a bag of ass.
So your excuse for marching out of step for the entire parade was that you didn't drill hours a day for the weeks before graduation? Some people can march, while others a rhythmically retarded...

rhinoh82

Some people can march, while others a rhythmically retarded...

Maybe he was asleep when the DI was telling them that every time they hear the thump of the bass drum their LEFT FOOT had better be striking the deck :sleep_125. Or maybe he needed a little personal attention from the DI: SLAP!! "What side was that Private Pile? Sir, left side, SIR!!".:D

Thanks to everyone for the great info on OCS. I will be at MEPS tomorrow, and I'm shooting for getting my package in front of the May boards for SNA & SNFO. Hopefully in the coming months I'll be witnessing all of this first hand!:)

Insomneo

After lurking the boards for a while I have realized that the best I can do to prepare isn't much. I too was trying to figure out the inboard outboard stuff, and attempting to get my hands on one of those gouge books.

I remember reading somewhere, on these boards maybe, that OCS is basically like a stream, hop in and it will take you to the other side, so long as you do not give up swimming and drown.

I will, however, familiarize myself with a bit of marching (my Father and Grandfather both were prior military and will give me a few tips), learn how to iron well as I'm terrible at it, and PT like mad (mainly to work on form as best I can). I feel that's about it until my recruiter gives me some more information once I am accepted.

Sabre170

None
According to the videos the candidates who are going into aviation buy different shoes than the ones going surface.... anyone else catch that? Are they letting aviation contracts buy brown shoes at OCS?

Tom

pilot
Contributor
According to the videos the candidates who are going into aviation buy different shoes than the ones going surface.... anyone else catch that? Are they letting aviation contracts buy brown shoes at OCS?
The reporters confused the fact that the candidates would wear brown shoes later. Everyone goes black because uniformity is a big thing at OCS. Everyone must be the same, including the way the canteen flag is pointing.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So for you guys in API now, what are they doing with the old OCS buildings in Pcola right now?

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I have some stories after I graduate as well. You all can look forward to hearing them May 23rd!