• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid questions about Naval Aviation (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBates

The oil cooler vibe thing was related to they changed the subcontractor for the oil cooler (which is s section of the tail drive) and we started having problems with it.. 2004-5 timeframe. The Oil Cooler vibes with a 60 hour hadn't gone away by the time I quit flying 60Bs in 2006.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
When we did our 60 hour inspection in the Sierra, we always did the compressor section and the hot section (via the igniter) at the same time. One of our really good AD's rigged up a hose system that could do both simultaneously. Except for the 10 minute wait, it never took much longer than the standard engine rinse. We NEVER had to run oiler cooler vibes during a 60 hour, but I only flew in Sierras from 03-08.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
dumb question and totaly arbritrary, but say if a person has a PPL with High performance rating and complex endorsement, can they log PIC time while in Primary?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Usually "special 60 hour" means that the bird you are in needs to fly the next day, and maintenance doesn't have the hours for it, so they REBASE the 60 hour so the bird won't drop dead during the flyday.

Yeah, I know what a rebase and what a 60hr is. We have do to the "60hr" (the hot section cleaning) at the end of every flight in Bahrain. I've done plenty of 60hrs and it's the same thing, cleaner into both compressor and hot section. let it sit, rinse it, burn it out. My question was why do they run oil cooler vibes in conjunction with the 60hr?

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Note, logging civilian PIC time is completely different than being the PIC. They are not the same thing. I am too lazy to look up the distinction right now.

What is the point of logging that time? Making your civilian logbook look cooler? If you want to go in for a job after your military career, they won't count the same flight twice.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Note, logging civilian PIC time is completely different than being the PIC. They are not the same thing. I am too lazy to look up the distinction right now.

What is the point of logging that time? Making your civilian logbook look cooler? If you want to go in for a job after your military career, they won't count the same flight twice.

I was asking about Civi time,
and yeah, as I admitted when I posted the question, it was completely arbritrary.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
No. Only PIC time you will see is on solos.

Actually, no, since his arbitrary question stated the individual had a ppl with complex and high performance endorsement, the said individual could log PIC time while he is the sole manipulator of the controls. In this case, the pilot is rated and legal to operate the aircraft hence he can log the time as PIC while he's actually flying it.

The PIC time you are referring to only applies when you are a student pilot, which requires you to only log dual received or PIC while flying a solo.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Actually, no, since his arbitrary question stated the individual had a ppl with complex and high performance endorsement, the said individual could log PIC time while he is the sole manipulator of the controls. In this case, the pilot is rated and legal to operate the aircraft hence he can log the time as PIC while he's actually flying it.

The PIC time you are referring to only applies when you are a student pilot, which requires you to only log dual received or PIC while flying a solo.

I'd like to see the Navy logbooks of anyone who has these ratings. My bet is that they still only log FP time and not PIC, but I HAVE been wrong before...

Civilian PIC =/= Navy PIC

PPL pilot flying hours with a CFI = PIC. H2P flying with a HAC =/= PIC. Unless I am severely mistaken.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'd like to see the Navy logbooks of anyone who has these ratings. My bet is that they still only log FP time and not PIC, but I HAVE been wrong before...

Civilian PIC =/= Navy PIC

PPL pilot flying hours with a CFI = PIC. H2P flying with a HAC =/= PIC. Unless I am severely mistaken.

It depends on what Part you're referencing. There's plenty of threads that discuss that FPT=PIC time under Part 61 (I think...).

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So CNATRA is coming to our NROTC unit Tuesday to speak to all of us. Is there anything in particular I should ask him?

One person in chat told me to ask him about the AWGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.