• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid questions about Naval Aviation (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
78" but then there are ANTHROPOMETRIC MEASUREMENTS. Google it.

Dude, aren't you in high school? You should probably keep your mouth shut and stay in your lane...

Working in the anthro office made me realize that it usually has very little to do with just how tall (or short) you are. The lengths of your body parts, sitting height, weight (too much or too little) etc. are what DQ people. Alot of times its hard to tell just by looking at someone.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I was reading on here that NAS Cubi Point was decommissioned because the "Senate of the Philippines voted that all US Naval forces withdraw from the Philippines"...why was that? If that did not happen, do you think NAS Cubi and Naval base Subic Bay would still be around?

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Is the information incorrect? Alright then.

Nope. Not really. As I said in my last post it usually has little to do with your actual standing height. At 76" I'd say theres a good chance that the app could be over in something like the sitting height, so it is very important that the app's recruiter does the anthro measurements correctly. Regardless, they will probably only tell you if you are qualified to be a naval aviator or not, not if you can fly jets. A friend of mine is less than 78", but doesn't fit in the T-45... so guess what? No jets. They weren't even going to tell him until he was in primary. Giving an applicant advice based on his standing height, is like arguing whether a hornet can beat an F-22...

AJB37

. Giving an applicant advice based on his standing height, is like arguing whether a hornet can beat an F-22...

Yeah, because the hornet would obviously win :D:
f18fgunf22020lz.jpg

Note: This is meant as a joke, I don't want to start an actual argument...

Ventilee

pilot
Contributor
Is it possible to transfer into an NROTC Unit after one year of college?

The school I am going to doesn't have an NROTC unit, and the closest one away is a little over an hour drive.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Jackass said:
Dumb googlable question: When is the f-35 scheduled to go active for the navy? When will it most likely go into service?

When it learns how to fly...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jackass said:
Dumb googlable question: When is the f-35 scheduled to go active for the navy? When will it most likely go into service?

That is a moving target right now and already discussed here ad nauseum (ie search).

phrogpilot73

Dude, aren't you in high school? You should probably keep your mouth shut and stay in your lane...

Is the information incorrect? Alright then. Point made. No need to flame.

Nope. Not really. As I said in my last post it usually has little to do with your actual standing height. words...
xmid, perhaps you should heed your own advice. OPNAVINST 3710.37A (I think B's on the street, but I couldn't find it online) lists standing height mins/maxs before it even gets into the antro measurements. LGPP's information provided was mostly correct in that you have to be between 62" and 77" (78" is for NFO). He also mentioned that there were Antro measurements in addition, and suggested the OP google it. So no, he was not incorrect - he merely pointed someone in the correct direction. Take a chill pill.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Is it possible to transfer into an NROTC Unit after one year of college?

The school I am going to doesn't have an NROTC unit, and the closest one away is a little over an hour drive.

Yes, it is possible. Call the unit and ask, someone on staff will know how to deal with this.

JEP42

Jackass said:
In 2012, At least thats what they are hoping for.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jackass said:
Didn't know if this should go in docs corner or here, but whatever. I did search.

If i got selected *>6months away from graduation for SNA, could I get PRK in between final select and OCS? My eyes are within regs, but I'd like to have it done anyways to have 20/20 uncorrected.

Why RISK it? If you meet the requirements and you are selected, then why risk not getting AVIATION or a commission? You can always have it done after your first fleet deployment on the Navy's dime.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I was reading on here that NAS Cubi Point was decommissioned because the "Senate of the Philippines voted that all US Naval forces withdraw from the Philippines"...why was that? If that did not happen, do you think NAS Cubi and Naval base Subic Bay would still be around?

FWIW.....the Okinawans "vote us off the island" on a near weekly basis. It means exactly jack-shit.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Probably not ... or no ... and there were various threats-counter threats and bluffs by both sides for many, many years -- but at the end of the day it was always about this w/ the Joe's and the U.S. :

dollarql9.jpg

And then "this" happened -- so ALOHA, CUBI Point. CLARK AFB, too .... :)

pinatubo1991jm9.jpg

markkyle66

What kinds of personal belongings are allowed in Navy aircraft? (as far as pictures of loved ones, flags, cigars, etc.) I guess cigars are something more from the yester-years :D...

Gen. Olds had the right idea

RobinOlds.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.