• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

phrogpilot73

There's a reacurring segment on the Pentagon Channel about safe grilling. The Mommy five side is real.
Are you f'in kidding me?

What's next, videos on NSF approved hand washing procedures? Testing meat temperatures to ServSafe standards (which oh, by the way - means medium or worse)...

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Make sure you wear your reflective belt when grilling.... in the event there is a fire, you want the fire fighters to be able to rapidly identify you!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Make sure you wear your reflective belt when grilling.... in the event there is a fire, you want the fire fighters to be able to rapidly identify you!

Don't tell anyone, but I'm not even allowed to have a grill where I live. SAFETY VIOLATOR!!!

It's okay, though, as I grill with my gloves on and sleeves rolled down.

Top_Gun_101

Fly GA
Just about how many women naval aviators apply for the Blue Angels every year? ? ? --seems like every single one of them were turned down:( ?
I think it's about time we see women in the jet demo team like in the U.S.A.F. Thunderbirds...
That'll be pretty Badass!:)

danpass

I figured this would be a great thread to ask this lol:

Any aviation options for a 39yr old no-prior-service? How about perhaps other than Navy?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I figured this would be a great thread to ask this lol:

Any aviation options for a 39yr old no-prior-service? How about perhaps other than Navy?

Can't speak for the others but pilot/nfo is out for the Navy. As for enlisted aviation options, I went through bootcamp with a 40 year old but she was going to be a PS, so it may be possible on that side.

EWU12

"That's a true fact"
pilot
Contributor
Hey.. has anyone else gotten dead/stuck pixels on their phones from G's? Had a pretty long PA flight yesterday and now my screen is f'ed. Idk if something in the storage bay was squeezing up against it in maneuvers or not. I guess I'll try putting it in my pocket or leaving it in the briefing spaces next time.

Seriously though... super weak.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Hey.. has anyone else gotten dead/stuck pixels on their phones from G's? Had a pretty long PA flight yesterday and now my screen is f'ed. Idk if something in the storage bay was squeezing up against it in maneuvers or not. I guess I'll try putting it in my pocket or leaving it in the briefing spaces next time.

I fly with my phone and wallet in my g-suit pocket. I've never had a problem... What is a PA flight?

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot

The iPhone has a maximum operating altitude of 10,000 ft (not joking) so I wouldn't put it in the unpressurized storage compartment. I always keep mine in the g-suit pocket and have yet to have an issue with it