• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Ah okay I see...Thank you again Jim!

It's interesting that they don't raise their voices anymore...especially during the chaos of combat or even a training mission where you have to deploy ordnance in a specific time.
I wouldn't think yelling at you would, in any way, prepare you to do anything related to combat.

In my experience, I always got along with the yellers because it would just make me laugh. Evidently the good ones got what they were looking for because usually they'd end up being cool with and actually teach you some good stuff.

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
You know what I change my statement about that, it makes more sense being calm under pressure. I'll just stop talking I know jackshizzle about Naval Flight Training, but hey, here's hoping to find out.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I doubt there are many yellers remaining. Ten years ago I encountered none in Corpus (but some weirdos) and only one in Kingsville

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I doubt there are many yellers remaining. Ten years ago I encountered none in Corpus (but some weirdos) and only one in Kingsville

You just went to Kingsville......the four horsemen of meridian were still alive and well 10 years ago. That being said, I think it was a right of passage that made me better as an aviator. I remember shooting a taxi light on approach to das boat in the gulf, and breaking out of the fog in time for one power correction and one lineup correction before I was in the wires. As I was sitting there, I immediately remembered one of the Meridian sim IPs telling me at one point "one day you will have to fly the best precision approach of your life to get the food". He was right.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
There were days I truly wanted to rip the head off a flight student and shit down their neck. Most frustrating bunch of smart people I’ve ever worked with...
I can TOTALLY identify with your sentiments. THIS (see below) happened during one the simulator periods I instructed. I had to take a picture because I couldn't believe this is how he solved his turning-the-wrong-way problem..IMAG00422 1.jpg

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I can TOTALLY identify with your sentiments. THIS (see below) happened during one the simulator periods I instructed. I had to take a picture because I couldn't believe this is how he solved his turning-the-wrong-way problem wanted to show how he finally solved his wrong way problem because of his outside-the-box-thinking leadership ..
FIFY... and thanks for showing great leadership!

:p

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can TOTALLY identify with your sentiments. THIS (see below) happened during one the simulator periods I instructed. I had to take a picture because I couldn't believe this is how he solved his turning-the-wrong-way problem..View attachment 20299

I know someone who got their callsign that way, it was probably one of the nicer ones they could have gotten.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
There were days I truly wanted to rip the head off a flight student and shit down their neck. Most frustrating bunch of smart people I’ve ever worked with...
View attachment 20295
View attachment 20294

I really don't understand your anger. Your job as a flight instructor is to instruct. Getting angry at a student just doesn't help instruct.

I can get your frustration maybe if it was directed towards yourself. I remember getting frustrated at myself because I could not explain something in the way a student understood. But it was not the students fault for not understanding.

Oh, and that little thing about no filter. That is just an excuse you tell when you know you are an arsehole.