• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hung over? Hell, I make it a point to never board a comair flight without a healthy buzz going. That's why they serve cocktails at the airport. :D Brett

It's the ONLY way to travel. It doesn't matter what time it is either... noon, 4pm, 6am...

mike172

GO NAVY
A man you guys are so cool about it. Two days now until I go, and I'm freakin out, I hate myself get under control! arg.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Hung over? Hell, I make it a point to never board a comair flight without a healthy buzz going. That's why they serve cocktails at the airport. :D Brett

Is that to keep your mind off of the impending crash? We can't forget that tons of riddle grads fly those little RJ's, be afraid. ;)

Pitchlock

pilot
... I think it has to do with the fact that I'm on a plane with a bunch of people I don't know. With some guys up front who I don't know driving this thing, this plane is maintained somewhere I don't know, by people I don't know, and all these crazy passengers have been screened by a bunch of people I don't know. ...

Now you got me scared.
Thanks....

Pitchlock

pilot
Seriously, I still get nervous flying single engine GA aircraft. I know that its only a matter of time before I have a complete engine failure and have to make an emergency landing and I've been flying for 20+ years now.

That said I love flying small GA aircraft. I just did a bunch of T&Gs at dusk the other day. Had a blast, every landing was a greaser, really felt at one with the plane. I haven't found any other activity that gives me that feeling. Cars, motorcycles, etc just aren't the same. I think the element of over coming danger is needed to make it fullfilling.

Nerves are good. I had a Skipper say the most dangerous pilot is one who has no apparent fear of death. Its like performers (singers and such) say: if they aren't nervous before going on stage then there is something wrong.

Life is about confronting and conquering fears.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That said I love flying small GA aircraft. I just did a bunch of T&Gs at dusk the other day. Had a blast, every landing was a greaser, really felt at one with the plane.

You know what they say . . . one perfect landing is skill, two in a row is luck and skill. Three in a row and someone's fibbing!:D

Just kidding, welcome aboard.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Geez, just drink a few Guinesses (Guini?) before flying, you'll be fine. And yeah, control issues? :) Hehe.

Maybe someone in the know can answer this better than I can, but is being a control freak an asset when flying? Maybe he's good to go...as long as he's got the stick.

mike172

GO NAVY
ahaha, I wish I could drink my fears away. Alas I am only 17, mom tried to give me homeopathic stuff once no effect, Flight is tommorow and I'm really goin nuts. I just gotta control myself! I wish someone would smack some sense into me. Any takers?

Pitchlock

pilot
You know what they say . . . one perfect landing is skill, two in a row is luck and skill. Three in a row and someone's fibbing!

You obviously forgot which forum you were posting to. This is the Naval Aviation forum, not the Air Force forum.

BTW, I've never had a bad landing...walked away from everyone of them!!:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.