• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Strike Fighter with 20/25 vision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If you don't mind me asking how long have you been in? I just heard that you aren't really able to see family for the first 3 years or so out of flight training due to work ups behind the boat and deployments. Your example is very encouraging to me.

The VP community doesn't sit at home and yell at the lawn boy all day, you know. Ask Webmaster about his Optempo over the last 12 years (and others, of course, have similar stories). Everybody is busy. Everyone is trying to meet commitments without the desired resources. It's just the way we, as a group (DoD) operate. It sucks and it's awesome, all at the same time, regardless of family.

Overlord243

Final-Select SNA 20 Feb 2011 OCS Date
The VP community doesn't sit at home and yell at the lawn boy all day, you know. Ask Webmaster about his Optempo over the last 12 years (and others, of course, have similar stories). Everybody is busy. Everyone is trying to meet commitments without the desired resources. It's just the way we, as a group (DoD) operate. It sucks and it's awesome, all at the same time, regardless of family.

Good point, I have much to learn here.

81montedriver

pilot
Just when I thought that the "Naval Academy grad=GUARENTEED JETs" was bad enough, along comes another. It's just like shooting fish in a barrel the last few days around here.

Overlord, you can probably catch the hint from the rest of the guys on here. This is a common topic around here where people like yourself get way too spun up on getting jets. Well fuckin relax. You are not even in OCS yet. You have several hurdles to cross before you even get a taste of flight school. So take everyone's advice and concentrate on the closest alligator in the pond. You will be successful if you follow that approach.

O yeh and you have no chance of getting jets with that vision.

Overlord243

Final-Select SNA 20 Feb 2011 OCS Date
Just when I thought that the "Naval Academy grad=GUARENTEED JETs" was bad enough, along comes another. It's just like shooting fish in a barrel the last few days around here.

Overlord, you can probably catch the hint from the rest of the guys on here. This is a common topic around here where people like yourself get way too spun up on getting jets. Well fuckin relax. You are not even in OCS yet. You have several hurdles to cross before you even get a taste of flight school. So take everyone's advice and concentrate on the closest alligator in the pond. You will be successful if you follow that approach.

O yeh and you have no chance of getting jets with that vision.

Sir, my concentration at the moment is OCS. All I was simply doing was trying to find out if that was even an OPTION for me. Please don't jump on me for that. If you would have read my original post you would have seen that. I will tell you right now that I am comfortable flying whatever the Navy has me fly. I am increadably honored to be selected for SNA in the first place and don't feel entitled in the least. Having said that, if a guy/gal has a GOAL or ASPIRATION to try and fly one airframe over another I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I also don't think the Navy has a problem with that at all as they allow those that finish at the top of their class to get first pick of airframe.

I think you're way off base here.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Overlord, best thing you can do right now is not post in this thread... Because that last post might land you in some heat. Welcome to the board, glad to have you, now calm down, soak up the advice, and STFU for a bit. ESPECIALLY when someone with wings over their username is giving advice.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sir, my concentration at the moment is OCS. All I was simply doing was trying to find out if that was even an OPTION for me. Please don't jump on me for that. If you would have read my original post you would have seen that. I will tell you right now that I am comfortable flying whatever the Navy has me fly. I am increadably honored to be selected for SNA in the first place and don't feel entitled in the least. Having said that, if a guy/gal has a GOAL or ASPIRATION to try and fly one airframe over another I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I also don't think the Navy has a problem with that at all as they allow those that finish at the top of their class to get first pick of airframe.

I think you're way off base here.

He isn't off base at all. Take a week off.

phrogpilot73

ESPECIALLY when someone with wings over their username is giving advice.
I generally don't post when another mod closes it, however - I wanted to reinforce this statement. Those of us with wings under our username have EARNED them IN REAL LIFE. It's not a typical web forum, with typical web forum awards for posting. Wings (actually, any warfare device) under your username means that you have not only earned them, but that it's been verified and/or vouched for. We (the moderation team) take it very seriously. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.