• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Staying in?

Pick the catagory that best fits you (or whine that nothing fits):

• P-3 Staying in

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • P-3 Getting out

• EP-3 Staying in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EP-3 Getting out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E-2/C-2 Staying in

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • E-2/C-2 Getting out

• Jets Staying in

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Jets Getting out

• Helos staying in

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Helos Getting out

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Physicx said:
So what do you guys consider good pay?Is 70K plus for yourself good pay?
Depends where you live and what you do.

Brett

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
squeeze said:
Just as an example... an O-4 with over 10 years in (what most people will be when they hit their 8 year committment) will make $63,804 in base pay alone (w/ 2005 pay rates). Figure in a decent BAH (lets continue the SoCal example) of $2003/$2135 (no dep/dep) for San Diego. Add those up and you're making $87840 or $89424. Figure in flight pay, sea pay, or any other bonuses you get and you're grossing $90,000.

Maybe putting it into numbers will help you see why no one wants those jobs. There may be some glamour to EMS now (in your opinion), but after doing military flying for a while and making good money, experienced officers aren't apt to take a huge pay cut for civilian flying and bad hours.

I agree, it would be hard to take a big hit. I'm an O-4 at 12 years with the bonus. Without my bonus, I'm grossing $108,000 a year. With the bonus, over $120K a year. Tough to get to this pay on a salary job.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Frankly I think anything over about 70,000 is darn good for most people. But as it has been said before it really depends where you live. If you live in NYC then you better be making more like 200,000 if you want to approach living large!!

Oh by the way were is the I am a disgruntled SWO option on the poll??

Status
Not open for further replies.