• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Status of IFS

runner2571

Does anyone know why IFS has been on hold for the past few weeks now.

I've heard this happened because of either an overload in IFS or the new fiscal year coming up.

Either way, all I have heard are competing rumors. Does anyone with solid and accurate information know when the next group will start in IFS?

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
Wouldn't surprise me if some of the more fiscally driven IFS schools have bitten off way more than they can chew with trying to take far more students than they can handle and backed themselves up.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...I've heard this happened because of either an overload in IFS or the new fiscal year coming up.

You do know the fiscal year started on Oct 1, right?

Not sure what hold you're talking about. We're still popping guys through AFAIK.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
runner2571 said:
Does anyone with solid and accurate information know when the next group will start in IFS?
Yeah, there's a bit of a backup. I checked in early September and I've no clue when I'll class up. A couple of my buddies who checked in around June are classing up. The wheels seem to be turning faster now, so I imagine things will catch up soon.

Uncle Fester said:
You do know the fiscal year started on Oct 1, right?
:D :D He's regurgitating some slightly dated information. It was put out on Thursday morning muster back in September that classes were getting pushed back until the new FY started. Things ARE moving, but last count I heard, A-pool was over 500 deep.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, okay. Look, guys - you're not exactly the first to get held up in A-Pool. Nor is it totally bizarre that the Pool gets big between Sept and Nov. Fiscal year is sometimes a reason; also, that's when all the Academy and ROTC spring graduates arrive in force. Plus, A-Pool is used as the 'slap tank' for the Program as a whole. When there are backups or delays somewhere in the pipeline, that delay gets pushed back to A-Pool as much as possible. Is it frustrating to wait months and months to start? Yep, sure, but not nearly as frustrating as holdups during the Program.

In other words: nothing is fucked, Dude. This kind of holdup is normal.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
hold up??? I graduated on June 9th, reported the 23rd, started API the second week of July!

Ok... that was in '95...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
500 Ensigns in A Pool sounds pretty ridiculous. Nothing good can come of that.

Either way, just enjoy it. Take some trips. Gamble in Mississippi. Catch an Alabama game. Drive up to Hotlanta. Surf. Go Fish. Drink. Do not shoot endangered species and muster from jail. Do not get a DUI. Remember, life is good in P-Cola.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
500 Ensigns in A Pool sounds pretty ridiculous. Nothing good can come of that.

Either way, just enjoy it. Take some trips. Gamble in Mississippi. Catch an Alabama game. Drive up to Hotlanta. Surf. Go Fish. Drink. Do not shoot endangered species and muster from jail. Do not get a DUI. Remember, life is good in P-Cola.

Making it rain at Sammy's with that Ensign money.......allegedly, not that I know anything about that.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Does anyone know why IFS has been on hold for the past few weeks now.

Yeah man, what's the deal? I had to wait at the hold short for like 10 mins at PNS for three Slamahawks from sky warrior in the pattern doing touch and go's a few weeks back. Oh IFS slowing down everything.

Wait, what are we talking about?

bluesig1

sure thing
None
Just to spread the rumor flames, It does cost around 5000 for each student to go through IFS, as such I heard that the program could be cut, atleast for FO's. Take that for what it is.