• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stats and Scores

batesdl

Here are my stats, going for SNA only.

26 years old
ASTB 5/6/5 43
4 years prior service in Navy-Honorable
Associates of Arts in Business 3.8 GPA
Bachelor of Science in Business 3.8 GPA
Master's of Business Admin. 3.65 GPA
6 LOR's 2 from Vice Presidents of Fortune 500 companies, 2 from Director's of large companies and 2 Manager's.
A&P License and flight time-Cessna 172
Excellent Low PRT
All Outstanding work references

Thanks,

Dan

jpmatta16

I played sports in High School, I was the soccer team captain for my last 2 years, as well as all-state team for both years. I was also the kicker for the football team. Im also one of the preachers for my church,Im also part of an international foundation that helps people that come to the US get decent jobs and learn english, and I have over 600 hours of communitty service. I did not have any interviews because he told me that he would submit me without them and if I did not get selected he could get me a couple and then I would not hve to wait 6 months to reapply.

Turtl3 said:
No one can really say. It's a crap shoot.
Do you play any sports or are you involved in any campus clubs or organizations? Do you have an official interview and how do you think your OR will fill out the recommendation portion of the application?

LadyNavy

Fingers Crossed!
22 years old - No prior military experience (Navy Brat)
2008 Grad. from Marquette University
2.8 GPA with degree in Advertising and Public Relations
ASTB Score - 54

eyes2theskies

Hungry for Flight
I haven't seen a thing requesting the official numbers, self reported only. Same goes for GRE, GMAT, and ACT, I can only assume

The application (this version) does say "Submit Official Results" next to "Entrance Examination Results". ...About a hundred dollars 'cause they're so "old" (they're not) - I'd rather put that bill towards my next flight lesson.

Anyway, my app says other stuff that is apparently extraneous and/or meaningless too. So I ask.

Thanks.

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
The application (this version) does say "Submit Official Results" next to "Entrance Examination Results". ...About a hundred dollars 'cause they're so "old" (they're not) - I'd rather put that bill towards my next flight lesson.

Anyway, my app says other stuff that is apparently extraneous and/or meaningless too. So I ask.

Thanks.

Actually, having checked mine, it wants an official score as well. My money is that they'll want a copy for your final select, after you've been pro rec'd (Touch Wood). Don't spend the money till your recruiter tells you to

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
If the program you are applying for specifically asks for things like that, submit it. For my SNA application (via OCS) I did not submit my GRE, LSAT, or ACT. Things like BDCP or USNA would want SAT/ACT scores. Uniformed Services University would probably want GRE or MCAT for the graduate/doctorate programs. If you are applying for a commission as a JAG officer while in law school, they will probably want your LSAT. Any more questions?

atlhawk

Think I have a chance for Pilot?

OAR - 57
6/6/6 - other ones
22 yrs old
Currently getting Masters in Accounting at UGA - 3.33 GPA

Baseball(all state hon ment.) and Football in highschool
Treasurer for Special Olympics at UGA
About to submit application and have 4 LOR's(two former employers, one college professor, and one highschool coach)

No real background in flying/engineering/physics/etc.
Also - got arrested for Underage Consumption of Alcohol when I was 18 but was thrown out of court - will this hurt me significantly?

any opinions appreciated.

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
22 Year Old Female
College: University of Chicago. 3.15 Overall, 3.5 in major (History). Qualified for honors. Nominated for two Campus Life and Leadership Awards
Co-Curriculars: Varsity Swimming (high school-Academic All American). Ice Hockey (captain), Alpha Phi Omega (president), Campus Tour Guide
ASVAB: 99
OAR-45 (To be fair, I hadn't studied, the ceiling literally fell in during it, and there was construction over my head. Not the ideal work environment, but then again, we all have stress don't we? Taking it again in three weeks)
PFT: 50 p/u, 78 s/u, 12:47 run, 6:58 500 yd swim
LORs: Department of State, State of New York, Kirkland & Ellis, LLP, two profs
OTHER STUFF: Speak French fluently, proficient in Hindi, can do web programming . . . I debugged the program when I took my ASTB because apparently nobody at Great Lakes knows CGI/Perl . . .

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I guess I'll post what my stats were.

I was Pro-Rec'd SNA/SNFO September 2008.
Final Select SNA October 2008.
Sworn-in 5 November 2008.

Applied SNA/SNFO

22/Male
ASTB: 5 6 6 50
GPA: 3.55
School: University of West Florida
Major: International Studies: Security & Diplomacy (Top 5%)
Minor: History
LORs: Army O-6 Retired (College Professor), Navy O-5 A-7/F/A-18C pilot (Personal friend), Air Force O-1 (Long-time friend), Former Supervisor
Jobs: Resident Assistant at UWF for a year
Sports: HS: Track, Wrestling College: Rugby Club
Extracurriculars: OM(Missions), World Affairs, RHA
PRT: 11:45 1.5mi 55PU 68CU
Languages: German
Degrees: AA Degree

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
25 years old
Prior enlisted in the Marines for 5 years (Sergeant - Radio Technician)
B.S. in Psychology - 3.94 GPA (Summa Cum Laude)
Phi Kappa Phi (top 10% GPA at University)
Psi Chi (Psychology Honor Society)
Alpha Phi Sigma (Criminal Justice Honor Society)
Department of Psychology Outstanding Student of the Year
Mock Trial Team
ASTB: 5,6,6 46 (Not pleased with my performance)
LOR: three from professors and one from a family friend
PRT: Outstanding Medium

Applied SNA only
Pro-Rec'd SNA January 23, 2009
Final Select SNA March 6, 2009
Swore in March 12, 2009
OCS date March 29, 2009

le lyon

NFO BDCP'er
20/Male
ASTB: 5 6 6 50 :)oDid not study...took it the second time I met with recruiter)
GPA: 3.0
School: University of Illinois (Top 10 public university)
Major: Economics
Minor: French (Fluent)
LORs: Navy O-6 (Head of the ROTC at U of I, former Naval Aviator), Professor, Former H.S. teacher and coach
Sports: HS: Basketball (was all-state honorable mention), Baseball
Extracurriculars: HS: Every academic club imaginable (was all-state selection in Scholastic Bowl) College: Economics Club, French Club, Intramurals (Basketball, Football, Fencing), Tutoring, Leadership Workshops...etc.
PRT: 9:50 1.5mi 85PU 110SU

Selected to NFO BDCP :D:D:D and sworn in on March 12 in the Skipper's office.

adhermes

Think I have a shot?

I'm wondering what my chances are...

ASTB: 5/5/5 56
program: SWO, Supply, Cryptology (in that order)
GPA: 4.0 at Arizona State University (going into my senior year in the fall)
major: psychology
minor: family and human development/social work

LORs: 25 year colonel, O2 officer, current employer, previous employer/dean of a school at ASU. 2 professional interviews.

Played varsity golf 4 years in a row, went to state 4 years, was captain of the team for 2 years.

Youth group pastor for my church for 5 years and church camp counselor for 5 years.

Member of Kappa Alpha Order fraternity, done over 200 community service hours with them in the past 2 years. Member of various other clubs on campus (Snowdevils (snowboarding club), outdoor club, chess club, young democrats club)

High dean's list honor student for 6 straight semesters.

Here's my bad thing: charged with a bogus "altering price" shoplifting charge at a place I used to work. Was fired but fought it and went to court and won the case, all charges were dropped. Is this going to kill my chances?

Applying for the April boards. Crossing my fingers to wait and see.