• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stats and Scores

jmiller82

Got word from the recruiter today:

OCS Class Date of 09 SEPT 2006!! Woo-hoo!

My stats (I know I posted elsewhere, but oh well):
  • Male, 23 years old, Married (that DOES make a difference!)
  • Designator: SNFO, Navy
  • ASTB: 5/5/5 OAR 48
  • GPA: 2.9 (not the greatest, but I also worked to pay my way through school)
  • Degree:B.S. (2) - Political Science/Public Administration
  • LOR's: 1 from each of three employers in last five years; 1 from O-9 (family friend); 1 from O-6 USN-Ret. (family friend); 1 from O-6 at NROTC unit (friend); 1 from Congressman (family friend)
  • Certifications: Open Water SCUBA ceritified, no others (no PPL, etc.)
  • PFT: 231 (Good: Low) - I am in the process of working this up higher - have recently gotten 245, after only about two weeks of work. Still work to do, though!
  • Extracurriculars: I was involved heavily in extracurricular activities (i.e. debate, student government, intramural athletics, volunteer programs, etc.) while in college, in addition to being involved in similar programs and athletics (varsity level) in high school.

I have to say that my BOTH my ASTB and GPA scores were very low. The only way that I can explain my selection is that the board was looking for someone with a rounded appeal (i.e. well-rounded person description) or that I was just perseverant and persistent. Some advice I would definitely give to others is that patience and timing is key. Other than that, don't give up - it took me a total of 376 days (according to the processor) to get from the day I walked into the NRD to now)..

cdthe3rd

Prior enlisted '94-'98 active duty ABE3
'98-'00 Naval Reserve ABE2
B.S. Psychology University of Florida
Commissioned-OCS 2002
SNA-pipeline until June 03. Resigned commission due to hardship
'04-present Naval Reserve-1305 fleet support
Currently awaiting final approval for reinstatement back to active duty and flight school once again

maxlife

21 male
Applying for BDCP SNA, SNFO, Spring 2008 graduation
Aviation Major Current 3.2
PPL 55 hours
previous 1 year NROTC
OAR 55 8/7/7
Great LORs, Navy O-6, O-5, Prof,Fight Instructor
Great leadership experience in Sea Cadet program
No PRT yet

borinf2d

T-Bone
Male- 21
Applying SNA, NFO
ERAU - aeronautical science 3.6
fire fighter
250 hours of flying (Commercial, Instrument, Multi)
LOA from fire chief and other 2 previous employers.

66 9/9/9

Applying this fall, Hopin for the best.

NavyBlueRaider

Male 19
Pro-rec'd SNA
8/8/9 - 59
Aerospace Admin major w/ minor in Entrepreneurship- 3.2 gpa
Graduating December 2006 from MTSU
LOR's: O-6 test pilot, O-6 F-18 driver, O-6 CO of NROTC(P-3 NFO), O-4, and a few other previous employers
45 total flight hours
Leadership- High School Swim Coach
Good-Med PRT: 10:30 1.5 mile, 68 push-ups, 78 sit-ups

BackOrdered

Contributor
Applied to BDCP

Major: Computer Infomation Science
GPA: 3.6
OAR: 50
Pu:50 su: 60
1.5 run: 11:29
LOR: 1 Professor, one O-5, 3 employers, one comendation from an O-5 while in JROTC.
College Club officer
STR: 14
DEX: 15
CON:18
WIS:20
INT: 10
CHR: 12

j/k

Awaiting an answer....

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
Non-Select Intel

Applied for Intel
Packet Submitted: August 4, 2006
Non-select letter dated August 15, 2006

Male, 37

B.A.- Florida State University - History/Geography- GPA: 2.28

M.B.A. - Colorado Technical University - GPA: 3.83

OAR: 50 5/5/5

LOR: CO (Intel LT, O-3), retired O-5, E-7
Interviews: Intel O-4 (had a 9 and two 10s), SWO O-5

Former MM2 (SW), currently IS3 in Reserves
Evals: 3.8, 4.0, 4.0 (EP)

Other:

Lots of collateral duties (Division Career Counselor, safety PO, training PO, etc), Intermural sports (volleyball, tennis, golf, softball), High school clubs

Motivational Statement:

My motivation for becoming an Officer in the Unites States Navy can be summarized in one statement: This is where I belong!

Have you ever had an epiphany that the project you started, the place you are in, or the person you are talking to is the one? The one that makes you happy to be alive? The one that gives you an extreme sense of worth? The one that brings out the best in you and fulfills your maximum potential? That is Navy Intelligence is to me, and the opportunity to integrate my solid leadership skills makes this career the one I have been searching for.

I joined the Navy in 1989 to serve my country and performed in whatever capacity the Navy needed. I was an outstanding sailor, accepting extra responsibility and serving with excellence and distinction. Unfortunately, the job was not fulfilling, so after eight years I decided to leave Naval service and attend college. It is here my true calling became evident in the fields of geography, history, and business management. Naval Intelligence embodies these disciplines amplified to the nth power. Understanding the actions and consequences of people over space, or in this case the battle space, using analysis comes natural for me. I get giddy when looking at an image, studying a map, or identifying a ship at sea. Being able to provide critical information to the ranking officer of a battle group under extremely stressful situations is something I excel at and look forward to doing more than once each month and two weeks each year.

In addition, I can hardly wait to exercise my innate leadership ability. True leadership requires strength of character, capacity for understanding, compassion for my fellow man, and a little charisma. My actions demonstrate these qualities repeatedly when I accept critical collateral duties that affect the lives of my fellow sailors, ensure everyone in my basic intelligence class is ready to attend the second phase of training, or take responsibility when something does not pass inspection. Leadership is one of my strongest attributes and I want to lead.

My proven leadership ability and love for the Intelligence field are critical resources for the US Navy and confirm that Naval Intelligence is where I belong!

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
"Unfortunately, the job was not fulfilling, so after eight years I decided to leave Naval service and attend college."

I think I would leave that part out next time, or at least re-word it because it seems that since you left once, how can they (the boards)trust that you will not leave again if you feel your job is not fullfilling? I understand that you dont know what you have till its gone, so anyway thats my advice.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
greysword-
I agree with skim, focus on the positive.

Also, is that text your statement verbatim? I.e. did you cut and paste it from the file you printed for your package. If so, there are a couple typos in it.

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
Yep, that was it. I just copied from my app and pasted it here. I did think the fact that I was a reservist and recieved several great LORs from my command that it would cancel any negative about the possibility of leaving.

I wonder how much my age played into it. I wish they would tell us where the deficiencies are.

Oh well, I'll probably focus on making Chief now :)

BackOrdered

Contributor
Applied to BDCP

Major: Computer Infomation Science
GPA: 3.6
OAR: 50
Pu:50 su: 60
1.5 run: 11:29
LOR: 1 Professor, one O-5, 3 employers, one comendation from an O-5 while in JROTC.
College Club officer
STR: 14
DEX: 15
CON:18
WIS:20
INT: 10
CHR: 12

j/k

Awaiting an answer....

Just got Pro'reced for supply!!!