• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stashed Ensign Housing Problems

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Craigslist sublets are a good option, though picking through the sketchy options is a fun task. I crashed with a forty year old dude who had a spare bedroom and included utilities in the cheap ass rent. It was pretty weird, but he cooked for me and let me drink his booze, so it wasn't all bad.

FIFY..... Mr. Robinson?;)
BzB

JD858

"Panda"
pilot
Do you have any friend's there? I lived on a couch and paid my rent in beer for three months.

^ +1 to this one in particular.

I am actually in the same situation as you out west, and this was the route that I chose initially, but it definitely gets old after a while, so I went a different direction. Has anyone here already suggested trying to sort out some sort of no-cost/TAD orders to wherever your folks live? It is not a bad way to go, and you'll still collect whatever BAH you were making at your ROTC unit. Shouldn't be too hard to find a command willing to take you: no cost to them, and another ENS to stock the coffee....

exNavyOffRec

^ +1 to this one in particular.

I am actually in the same situation as you out west, and this was the route that I chose initially, but it definitely gets old after a while, so I went a different direction. Has anyone here already suggested trying to sort out some sort of no-cost/TAD orders to wherever your folks live? It is not a bad way to go, and you'll still collect whatever BAH you were making at your ROTC unit. Shouldn't be too hard to find a command willing to take you: no cost to them, and another ENS to stock the coffee....

If your unit will ok it that usually isn't an issue, I have had many stash ensigns right out of college get no cost TAD to the NRD I am at.