• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stash duty

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello world-
I've been buzzing around the forums for some time now, just haven't piped up a bit, but I was wondering if anybody had any gouge on how IFS is going to affect the wait before getting into API. I'm a ROTC MIDN 1/C getting commissioned this May. I have a buddy of mine who got commissioned last August who was stashed till the beginning of November, and it sounds like everyone and their brother is shooting for SNA these days.
I was hoping to find out how much of a wait can I expect before I get to IFS. I suppose I wouldn't mind cooling my heels in the supply office for a week or two but if it's going to be longer than that I'd want to look around and see if my LT can find someplace more exciting (and aviation-related) that has room for a random Ensign.

If God isn't a Penn State fan, than why is the sky blue and white?

beau

More than that now!, my ex-roomate is in PenisCola right now and he has about 9 weeks left to class up, but he has been there since January 14. So it makes me wonder when I'll start as well (may commision). Well hopefully I'll get some nice cool weather to fly in! hehe being a little picky, no?

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

absolutVU

The detailer for the Vandy mids has us all scheduled to report at P'cola 29 August--with IFS ending around 15 July but he says that our "orders are tied up right now due to a request from API." Whatever that means. I heard from my friends in flight school now that API is backed up about 2 months, though. Have many people received their orders?

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
You guys want me to put you on the watch bill down here or what? jajaja

Don't sweat the small stuff!

klray77

Myself and one other Mid here in Memphis just found out that we will be stashed here in Millington with the Aviation Detailers until transfer to Pensacola in December. I haven't heard anything about IFS during that time period but I imagine we could do that while here in Memphis. It might be more fun being stashed in Pensacola, but at least we'll get a first hand look at the promotion process and stuff like that. Anyways, I'm just looking forward to commissioning right now. First things, first I guess.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
During the May/June graduations & commissionings, the backup will probably get even worse. So don't dispair...you'll get there eventually!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

beau

Well as long as I get to the Program!!!! Right now I'm most likely goint to graduate late (end of may, not may 9th), have not heard anything about orders yet. I like Sooner land(mostly that is), but I cant wait to get out of here! Any new gouge on the back up???

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

PSU333

From one penn stater to another...........right now the wait is pretty long to start API, regardless of whether you need to go to IFS. I didn't since I am NFO, and was here for 9 weeks before starting this week. I was only put in a stash job the last 4 weeks, the first 5 I just mustered and then went home, which isn't a bad deal, especially considerin you will be here in the summer and can go to the beach. Stash jobs are also random, you could have a job that works 2 or 3 times a week for a couple hours, or one that is all day, every day, its all random. As far as the wait, they told me it would be 6-9 weeks and 12-15 for pilots. Rumor has it IFS takes 4-6 weeks, depending on how fast you get it and the weather. You also have to take a leadership course, which is a week long from 7:30-3:30, and is pretty dry.

Gangzhi

I am graduating from Georgia Tech NROTC 02MAY2003, just got my orders. I am stashed here in ATL 'till December, that's right, 214 days until I report to Pensacola. Selected sNFO.

klray77

Hey Gangzhi,

I will be stashed in here Memphis until December so maybe we will be classing up together in Pensacola. Anyways, congrats on being commissioned. It's finally almost over.

absolutVU

I just got word (official orders are apparently on the way, so they say)that I report to pensacola on 14 November...klray77--you should come do IFS in Nashville...our unit has it all set up over here!

and another thing--don't let beau sweet talk you--he has a thing for body hair...

Gangzhi, do you know Brady Broich?

Toddkeith

Wow, NFOs not going to pcola till December. I have to report in June. I was hoping to miss the summer in Florida, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Any other NFOs reporting in June?

todd

klray77

Well, I just received word yesterday that I will not be going to API for awhile. I have been accepted into the Aeronautical Engineering-Immediate Graduate Education Program (AE-IGEP). So, I get to go to Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH for a year and get my master's. I'm pretty excited but I was also excited about getting started with flight school. Only 8 other midshipmen were accepted to go there this June. Good news is I'm already an SNA and that will carry over.

wilsonator

i graduated from ocs march 7 and have been hanging out doing next to nothing ever since. an sna from my class classed up for api last week though so the wait appears to be shortening.

Status
Not open for further replies.