• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stand A chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNA-Wanna-Be

I was wondering how my chances were for BDCP and if I might have good enough scores to get SNA. Here are my stats...
Criminal Justice degree with 3.4 GPA
OAR-59 9/9/9
I played sports all four years in high school and lettered, I was an amature boxer before I entered college and still box every now and then. I also lost about 100lbs to be able to join the Navy. I also have letters of recomendation from my employers, a police officer (family friend), Manager of a health clinic (family friend), and a 1st Lt. in the Army (brother). So what does everyone think? Do I have a chance?

SNA-Wanna-Be

Nope, no joke. I took the test last week and got those scores. My recruiter was busy the last couple of days so he hasen't really seen the scores yet. I want to be sure before I apply.

erinbynight

erinbynight
I dunno about SNA as it seems to be a personnel constraint and not a lack of qualified applicants. But you do seem to have a very good chance at some other communities, and you might want to look into the JAG corps.

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
Wanna-be: we'll assume you're not fully versed in the current Naval Aviation situation, and need to be brought up to speed. First, Godspud's comment (I hope) was dripping with sarcasm :) The F-14 is headed out to pasture, so there won't be anybody selecting it in the future. Also, the Navy is overmanned with student pilots, so they're pushing to get rid of some trainees right now. That being said, the Navy does everything off the fiscal year calendar. When we say the Navy is overmanned, we are talking about officers who entered in a certain fiscal year (FY 03-04 primarily) and are starting or are about to start training. If you haven't even applied yet, you would be at least FY 05. The slots will be very competitive, but that shouldn't stop you from applying. In my most humble opinion, your scores seem competitive. I would say in past years you would have been in great shape. Obviously, the fewer the slots, the higher the scores for those that select. Remember that things like PT scores will also matter when it comes to getting selected for OCS. As said above, search the site. There is a ton of information about the current pilot surplus, as well as general info about getting into OCS. Good luck

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
The video is of a remote controlled F-14 actually :D. And yes, dripping with sarcasm

Godspeed

pilot
The aforementioned is possible, however he would have to have a technical degree, and submit his application 6-7 months from now, as well as have a delayed OCS date.

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
Godspeed: did you post that video in the other location on Airwarriors? That thing is amazing. From the flames on startup, it looks like it's actually got turbine engines. Didn't know they made them that small. Any more info on that model would be appreciated.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Patmack18 said:
Here we go again....

No one here has a crystal ball.

I thought the Magic Eight Ball was current for the FY05?
Godspeed said:
You should buy the Fighter Pilot manual.
Godspeed your such an a-hole hahahaha. Man you make me roll.

Godspeed

pilot
For those a little slow on the uptake *cough*Kycntryboy*cough*. THAT IS A REMOTE CONTROL F-14, NOT A REAL ONE. Part of my horrible joke.

I'll let it slide this time Kyc, but just don't let it happen again. :D

Kycntryboy

pilot
oh come one Godspeed, you know we are both on the same page. Lets make our goals clear our goal is to get our name on the plaque, and not the one in the ladies room.

Kycntryboy

pilot
VetteMuscle427 said:
Don't they also have to be able to play Volley Ball topless?
Yeah but you also have to do the high five and then catch it again with the bottom hand...annnnddd that can get quit difficult if you have an uncoordinated wingman.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
No doubt. I hear that with so few slots in the Navy right now, these sorts of requirements are even starting to pop up for my community of choice, Supply. Ky, we should probably practice the "double-high-five" sometime so I don't embarass myself when I get to OCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.