• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Selection Statistics

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I compiled a list of the selection statistics for the past three years for your viewing pleasure (updated):

FY07
Received >800
Sellected 200
Pilot 45 (23%)
NFO 33 (17%)
CORE 57 (29%)

FY06
Received >800
Sellected 207
Pilot 39 (19%)
NFO 26 (13%)
CORE 30 (14%)

FY05
Received >1,188
Board Elgible 1,031
Selected 186
Pilot 23 (12%)
NFO 5 (3%)
CORE 30 (16%)

FY04
Received >1600
Sellected 400
Pilot 42 (11%)
NFO 13 (3%)
CORE 218 (55%)

FY03
Received >1400
Sellected 431
Pilot 41 (10%)
NFO 14 (3%)
CORE 216 (50%)

FY02
Received >1400
Sellected 327
Pilot 24 (7%)
NFO 6 (2%)
CORE 171 (52%)

Note: Some of the numbers may be off because I noticed a difference in what the lessons learned msg reported as to how many names actually appeared in the selection msg. But at least it is a rough idea of the numbers, and I know how much everyone likes to look at stats :)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Do you have numbers any further back than that? I'd be interested to see what the numbers were like when I was picked up. I was surprised that it was as selective as it appears.

Thanks for the info.

Flyboylance

New VR FTS select
pilot
Wow, I was selected in FY 06 and I didn't realize that the numbers were so low. When I was at NSI, it seemed that there were more pilots than anything. I guess it was just my class.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Yeah I think all the years before are available...not sure how far back the navadmins go on npc but the one thing I didn't understand was why they stopped saying how many were board eligible after fy05. They just kept saying every year many packages are submitted with non qualifying scores.

The other interesting thing I noticed after doing this was that it would seem to me that anyone who does not put a target option down and lists CORE as #1 has about half the chance of being selected as everyone else.

McCPilot

SNA Final Select
Those numbers seem really low... I was told there were 27 SNAs selected this past board (July 16th) and 10 SNAs selected in the June board. If this is true, it would seem that there would be a lot more than 45 total selectees for the whole year. Is my contact misinformed or have the past several boards just been very "generous" as far as handing out front seat spots?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
McC....are you talking about STA-21? Last time I checked they only convened a board once a year.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
McCpilot, reread the first post. You're confusing numbers between STA-21 and OCS. Your numbers are for the OCS boards.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
^^^ You beat me to it!

Those numbers seem really low... I was told there were 27 SNAs selected this past board (July 16th) and 10 SNAs selected in the June board. If this is true, it would seem that there would be a lot more than 45 total selectees for the whole year. Is my contact misinformed or have the past several boards just been very "generous" as far as handing out front seat spots?

The numbers I posted are for the Seaman to Admiral 21 enlisted commissioning program which only convenes once a year. The other numbers you are getting are most likely for the OCS boards which I believe convene monthly.

McCPilot

SNA Final Select
Ahh, makes a lot more sense. I didn't realize what STA-21 was. Knew something wasn't right though, thanks for explaining guys.

Mike

haubby

None
Contributor
The other interesting thing I noticed after doing this was that it would seem to me that anyone who does not put a target option down and lists CORE as #1 has about half the chance of being selected as everyone else.

You didn't post the other numbers who got selected like SWO, NURSE, EOD/SEAL and such. I'm not so sure by selecting a primary option other than CORE would nessarily mean your chances of getting picked up increase. But then the only people who could truly answer that would be the boardmembers themselves and I'm sure they aren't talking.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
But then the only people who could truly answer that would be the boardmembers themselves and I'm sure they aren't talking.

The one that talked to me about it said that they do all the target community selections first then take all the primary CORE and the target nonselects that had CORE as an alt and select from there. So basically it would seem to me like you would have twice the chance of being selected for something.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
The program gouge specifically encourages applicants to select CORE in addition to one's preferred target option...

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
The program gouge specifically encourages applicants to select CORE in addition to one's preferred target option...

Yes, but there are people that told me in the past when I wasn't selected that I would have had a better chance had I not put Pilot as my primary and just went CORE. I think now that I have seen the numbers they were wrong, overall at least. Certain years you can see were different.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
How would one write a convincing personal statement/CO's recommendation about how they are extremely motivated for CORE? Who is giving you this gouge? Sounds like nothing more than scuttlebutt and conjecture to me. Good luck to you as always.