• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Poser

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
The guy probably didn't think he'd run into actual OC's during his night of drinking and fornicating. He probably knew just enough of the in's and out's of the program to make himself sound convincing to the unknowing coed. When he realized he was talking to the real deal and knew he couldn't talk his way out, off he went like a little girl. I've no remorse for this caliber of person.

Considering that there are only six of us in the state I guess this guy isn't too lucky? :D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So I met the first loser (perhaps ever) to claim to be STA-21 and really wasn't. It blew my mind.

Okay, why would anyone pretend being a STA-21? Not anything against you or any of your fellow OC's but I just think it would be a little low on the poser list, kind of obscure.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Didn't think you could teach combat unless you had already been in it?

Not to mention anyone who knows anything knows there no one out there signing for an E-6 two years out of high school at 20 years of age. And it's called Weapons School, but I think he was pulling something out his a$$ to sound better than Top Gun.

What's not conveyed in my statement is the fact that this "dad" was doing it specifically to top me and put me in my place. The whole time he was staring at my senior pilot wings and doing that whole, "...you think you're hot shit aren't you?" look at me. Between telling me about his son who flies the secret Navy jets, he's emphatically (nearly yelling at me) and consistently telling me that I don't need to be there either as there are no pilot slots available in their squadron. So basically, "...shooo, shooo, leave us alone bad active duty guy".

Ah yeah... I've got 4x TF-33-P-7s that put out 21,000 lbs of thrust a piece and I'm flying heavy iron that'll get up to 300 KIAS easy just seconds after gear up if you let it get away from you. Your little Squirrel reciprocating planes? Not so much.

Dang... I just stopped by to be friendly and this is what I got?

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
So what % gets COMBAT FIGHTER PILOT SKOOL?

Sorry I couldn't help it :D

It's a formulation of NSS, PAS, and your accelerated program multiple calculated on the fly using CERNs latest DNA engined computers...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Okay, why would anyone pretend being a STA-21? Not anything against you or any of your fellow OC's but I just think it would be a little low on the poser list, kind of obscure.

It is obscure to civilians yes, but enlisted guys think being an OC is some pretty cool sh!t.

Hursel110

None
It is obscure to civilians yes, but enlisted guys think being an OC is some pretty cool sh!t.

No kidding. No duty, no underway periods, only have to put on a uniform once a week, "mustang club" meetings... that's the stuff legendary poser stories are made of.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Posers... couldn't really figure it out until one of my best friends from high school started doing it.

He was the kind of guy that could probably do what he wanted if he'd ever applied himself meaningfully. Instead he just kind of coasts around leaching off those around him as he can, living his life experiences kind of on the margins, not really investing in anything.

Started off as little things; buying this Air Force jacket and pinning on LT bars "because it looks cool." Funny thing about him is he would try and pass off as legit to other military people. If he could fool them, he could fool himself?

It all kind of came to a head when he announced he was dropping out of college with an Army SF contract (he originally thought it up as something to hold over his parents' heads, but one day he miraculously decided to "go for it!"). Got everyone whipped up and riled about it, bought all this gear and Army apparal. For a while I was hoping he was serious; trying to force himself to get his life going somewhere. Long story short, he went to MEPS, but was discharged for "shoulder tendonitis." Couple months later I found out he'd made his "condition" up, had called up an old flame from high school the night before telling her he was terrified, couldn't go through with it, that she was "the only one he could tell."

He and I have drifted apart, for a lot of reasons. These guys aren't living an unfair sob story. Maybe they had shitty parents or a crappy childhood, but the fact is they probably just weren't willing to take their own stab at something worthwhile (whatever it might have been).

They aren't bad people because because they are posing: they're probably pretty worthless to start with.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Posers... couldn't really figure it out until one of my best friends from high school started doing it.

He was the kind of guy that could probably do what he wanted if he'd ever applied himself meaningfully. Instead he just kind of coasts around leaching off those around him as he can, living his life experiences kind of on the margins, not really investing in anything.

Started off as little things; buying this Air Force jacket and pinning on LT bars "because it looks cool." Funny thing about him is he would try and pass off as legit to other military people. If he could fool them, he could fool himself?

It all kind of came to a head when he announced he was dropping out of college with an Army SF contract (he originally thought it up as something to hold over his parents' heads, but one day he miraculously decided to "go for it!"). Got everyone whipped up and riled about it, bought all this gear and Army apparal. For a while I was hoping he was serious; trying to force himself to get his life going somewhere. Long story short, he went to MEPS, but was discharged for "shoulder tendonitis." Couple months later I found out he'd made his "condition" up, had called up an old flame from high school the night before telling her he was terrified, couldn't go through with it, that she was "the only one he could tell."

It's okay. We know it's you that you're talking about.

I have a cousin (by marriage) that really is an Army infantry reservist. He called me up and told me that he had been picked up for some kind of special forces job. I don't know what it was cause I just listen to him to be nice since he's kind of in lack of a mature father figure and has a broken family, yada yada. Anyway, I look at his Facebook page where he posted that he'd been redesignated and all of his platoon mates had ganged up on him calling him out as a liar. Guess I won't be bringing up that special forces billet at the July 4th picnic.

Basically, we all know them. Somebody who really wants to be something they're not. It's just that most of them keep the lid on tight enough not to be tried for Stolen Valor.