• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Poser

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
So I met the first loser (perhaps ever) to claim to be STA-21 and really wasn't. It blew my mind. Some friends and I were close to campus and just got out of the bar when someone across the street yells something to the effect of "hey are you guys in the military?" My buddies went across the street to say hi to the guys and so I followed suit. What got my attention is that this guy mentioned that he was an AM3, so talked to him a little bit and then that was when he told me he was in STA-21. Now this guy was sporting a goatee and a couple of earrings, which didn't add credibility to his story, but there was no way he was an OC! For one, he would be attached to the ROTC unit...our ROTC unit where there are only 5 OCs. He said that he was on a 5 year STA-21 scholarship to get his masters in Aeronautical Engineering so he could be an aviator. He then gave me some kind of b.s. about how "they" told him he was in STA-21 and that all he had to do was check in with the local recruiter once in a while. He also said that he wasn't on active duty, but on active reserves and didn't have to drill. He also told me that he went to mast about 9 months ago for dereliction of duty. The kicker is that he then told me that he just took the PRT and got a 6:30 on the run. When I turned my head to see the cab that was coming to pick us up, the guy split. He freakin disappeared! What a giant douchebag. :D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
More fun if you get him to come onto AW and make those claims

snake020

Contributor
Now this guy was sporting a goatee and a couple of earrings, which didn't add credibility to his story, but there was no way he was an OC!

It's obviously part of his special STA-21 ultra top secret mission with SEAL Team 6, where he also received the Navy Cross for another G14 classified mission where the citation was never released to the general public.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So FMRAM...you're saying you let him get away to "skeet" another day?

p1brule

Frenchy
pilot
We've all run across people like this. It my experience they were actually in the military at one time, hence their knowledge of what would sound cool. Usually, it's that shit bag who gets kicked out for smoking pot or something.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
We've all run across people like this. It my experience they were actually in the military at one time, hence their knowledge of what would sound cool. Usually, it's that shit bag who gets kicked out for smoking pot or something.

Yeah, they're the punks wearing their 8-point covers tilted to one side in the mall, and they insist that they're still in...riighhhht.

Beats the other phenomenon around here of older dudes hanging out in the park wearing every gaudy piece of camouflage they own tucked into some combat boots insisting that they're "soldjas." And no, they're not the guys who didn't get taken care of after Vietnam. They actually have homes, but still no life.

haubby

None
Contributor
The guy probably didn't think he'd run into actual OC's during his night of drinking and fornicating. He probably knew just enough of the in's and out's of the program to make himself sound convincing to the unknowing coed. When he realized he was talking to the real deal and knew he couldn't talk his way out, off he went like a little girl. I've no remorse for this caliber of person.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None

I went to check out our local Civil Air Patrol one evening. Don't laugh ~ they had their meeting spaces in the basement of our HQ and I was on duty...

Ran into a proud parent of a young Navy "pilot" two years out of high school who was flying around super secret jets in Oklahoma City. I thought E-6, but that's the least of it. Come to find out that his son "flies jets in Tinker" but he's just gotten accepted to go to college and then after that "...the Navy is going to send him to instruct in COMBAT FIGHTER PILOT'S SKOOL". I blurted out (couldn't help it), "What?!?!"

"Yea, COMBAT FIGHTER PILOT'S SKOOL". Let's not even mention the fact that the kid's maybe 20 years-old and already a TACAMO aircraft commander, but he's going to be the first IP at Combat Fighter Pilot's School?!?!? Man!! That program sounds better than PLC or anything else out there!!! Where do I sign up?