• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ST Louis Cardinals Tickets

I was at a cardinals game and showed my ID to get my tickets and I was told that AS LONG AS THEY'RE NOT SOLD OUT they gave military members free standing room only tickets. Pretty sweet.

I am out.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was at a cardinals game and showed my ID to get my tickets and I was told that AS LONG AS THEY'RE NOT SOLD OUT they gave military members free standing room only tickets. Pretty sweet.

I am out.

Fenway Park does the same for Red Sox games (EXCEPT Red Sox vs Yankees). Can't remember if it's free or just like $5. Also, you can get on the T in Boston for free with either an ID or in uniform (one or the other).

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
Fenway Park does the same for Red Sox games (EXCEPT Red Sox vs Yankees). Can't remember if it's free or just like $5. Also, you can get on the T in Boston for free with either an ID or in uniform (one or the other).

It's actually $7 now, still a great deal for the most expensive park in the M.L.

Unfortunately, many of city's T stations have upgraded to those annoying automated gates, making using your ID (or uniform) to gain entrance impossible. Even on busses now if you're not in uniform, you are more often than not forced to pay the fare.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's actually $7 now, still a great deal for the most expensive park in the M.L.

Unfortunately, many of city's T stations have upgraded to those annoying automated gates, making using your ID (or uniform) to gain entrance impossible. Even on busses now if you're not in uniform, you are more often than not forced to pay the fare.

That sucks. It's been 3 years since I've been back in Boston (oh my god do I miss it, I still think it's the greatest city in the country). $7 to get into Fenway Park, I'd pay that in a HEARTBEAT. I love Fenway, I have great memories from there as a child. Fenway Park is the most fvcked up field in the Major League... and they should NEVER tear it down. Do they still have the trough pissers? I remember those as a kid.

openbah

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but the trough urinals are gone. Very sad. I think they got the can in 2003.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Is that just for the military member or can I get a SRO tix for my dependant child with his ID? He is a big BOSOX fan and we have had to resort to catching them on the road.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
You get a discount to Braves games too, and since the cheapest tix are $5 that makes military tix like $2. I was there for the whole Bosox series. It was practically an away game for the Braves. And I got Manny's batting gloves. :D

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I also happen to work for the Braves, so if any airwarriors are in town and want to go to a game... just let me know.

openbah

I'm pretty sure only active and maybe active reserve can get tickets. Not positive though... (877) RED-SOX9.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I would think the Braves would be happy to put people in the seats. ;)

LOL. You would think so this year right? Doesn't look like we will keep the longest penant streak in baseball going does it? lol. But no, they really don't (and won't) have a problem filling seats. We still have one of the biggest average turn outs in MLB. You could always show up to see the visiting team. Either way, the offer still stands.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Red Birds Suck!

The Astros do something similar. We got eight tickets for eight bucks on the 4th. I don't have an ID yet, but my buddy brought his OCS orders and that works, too. Good gouge.

Whatever, dude. Cardinals rock.

Been to many a Card's game on the military ID. I was also glad to see this carried over from old Busch to new Busch. Hope you enjoyed the game, P Jones.

-jai5w4

Circle K

pilot
The Astros do something similar. We got eight tickets for eight bucks on the 4th. I don't have an ID yet, but my buddy brought his OCS orders and that works, too. Good gouge.

Interesting, I was on XC to Houston and all of us had military IDs. The box office at Minute Maid Park said they had no such deal, although they were working on it for next season, at least that's what she said.

On a side note, I have yet to go to a major leauge park, other than Houston, where there wasn't a discount for an ID. And in many cases completely free if you happen to be in uniform (back in the Academy days).

Discounts at Detroit, Cleveland, Philadelphia, New York (both), Boston, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Texas Rangers. Free at Yankee Stadium in uniform.