• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spoiler free current OCS gouge including flight physical details

Mouselovr

Contributor
I was not 05, I went through OCS in early 2021. Got there when Covid was still going strong and ROM was a thing for everyone. Maybe it was my class or the circumstances but in all of indoc we had around 15-20 people roll from a 100+ person class. Every single subnuc that was in my class except for 1 was a roll in. I was a candio for 15-21 which had a crap ton of subnucs fresh out of college and from what I heard H company became massive after their IST/Fast cruise.

Another reason why we might have had less is that our first 2 weeks there were locked away in a room 22 hours a day and only being let out to go PT outside, so that may have been a reason why fewer people rolled as well.
I heard First Friday used to not be rollable which may have played a roll. We had 4 opportunities to get rolled. IST (~4 ish people rolled), FF (~15) , FC (~10) and RLP (~6), ~3 rolled for injury and like ~10 DORs. We started around ~95ish.

Later in OCS, we had a couple roll out/in for COVID, academics, inspections ect....

donkeh

I heard First Friday used to not be rollable which may have played a roll. We had 4 opportunities to get rolled. IST (~4 ish people rolled), FF (~15) , FC (~10) and RLP (~6), ~3 rolled for injury and like ~10 DORs. We started around ~95ish.

Later in OCS, we had a couple roll out/in for COVID, academics, inspections ect....
It's been over a year now so I can't remember for certain but that might be correct. I was all the way in the back of Kay hall during first Friday and everyone that was pulled ended up surrounding me. Saw some people getting destroyed and passing out/collapsing but I don't recall them rolling. That may also be why less people rolled. Obviously they didn't make it past FC or RLP but I'm surprised they rolled that many people on first friday. Granted that morning was pretty rough especially when Kay hall becomes humidity hell with everyone in there getting pushed. Don't miss losing my footing during planks and pushups due to the sheer amount of moisture in the air.

Surprisingly we never had a covid roll, but definitely lost 5-10 through a combination of academics and OPI. Talking about it now makes me almost miss it. Almost.

Mouselovr

Contributor
what all happens on first friday?
This is the Spoiler free post not spoiler full.

I’d recommend going in blind as it makes it a better surprise, but if you’re really curious, you can read around this site. I’m sure people have detailed it.

KHam

SNFO Pro Rec- Y
Does anyone know if being on medication for hypertension is a disqualifying factor for anyone trying to go the aviation route? Or is this something that the applicant can get a waiver for?

Mouselovr

Contributor
Does anyone know if being on medication for hypertension is a disqualifying factor for anyone trying to go the aviation route? Or is this something that the applicant can get a waiver for?
Poke around this website/ look up the NAMI waiver guide.
https://www.airwarriors.com/community/threads/npqd-by-nomi-today.23712/

(page 18)

I found this post from 2007 stating that any hypertension with meds is not waiverable, however, standards change.

GoldLeaf

@villo0692 @Mouselovr Just out of curiosity, what does A-Pool look like? Certain duties, etc. There's talks of having SNA staying on recruiting duty (Not OHARP) until classing up. Is that anything y'all have heard?