• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Splash one SU-22 (merged threads)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Why does shooting down a jet automatically rate an award? Is this in an instruction somewhere or has that just been the tradition?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why does shooting down a jet automatically rate an award? Is this in an instruction somewhere or has that just been the tradition?

There is no instruction on it, just the custom since it has been a notable and increasingly rare accomplishment since the Korean War.

Last edited:

robav8r

None
Contributor
Do any of you pointy nose guys & gals know who the pilot was? Be funny if it was a new guy . . .

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
We give dudes awards routinely for simply doing their job, why would we not give someone an award for shooting down an enemy aircraft?
"LT Dipshit gave the most fucks for 3q FY X reflecting great credit upon himself (sic) and the United States Naval service"

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
"LT Dipshit gave the most fucks for 3q FY X reflecting great credit upon himself (sic) and the United States Naval service"
I don't get the [sic]; "himself" is the proper usage of a reflexive pronoun (As opposed to the ol' Austin Powers, "Allow myself to introduce myself").

But totallt agree about ridiculousness of awards.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm sure some Air Force heads are rolling at the CAOC. "Who the fuck let a Navy guy get the kill?!"

Pags

N/A
pilot
Former Hornet driver turned AEDO at work mentioned that guys with a kill get to wear a gold flight suit at Hook...truth?