• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spike's Tactical M4 Upper

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Just another good deal from the gents down in Orlando. Right now they've got a special on their M4 upper linked here. It's listed for $525, which includes the bolt and carrier. If you use the discount code of M4LEUP they knock $50 off the price, so $475, which ain't bad at all for a complete upper (minus rear sight). Tom (the boss) is putting this code out on the net so it's kosher.

So, combined with the Spike's $89 lower from before, I'll have my entire AR for right at about $800 which includes tax since I'm here in Florida and they are too. Ordered it this weekend and should be here hopefully by Wednesday! Not bad for my first gun!

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Damn. You just can't do any better for a Mil-Spec upper that includes a MP tested bolt/carrier AND one of their ST-T2 buffers?

For another $26.00 they will add a Magpul MOE handguard.

Sweet deal indeed

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Spikes has all the good marks in the M4 "chart" you may have seen online too. As far as I know this one doesn't have the CHF barrel Spikes usually has but obviously it's at an amazing price.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Spikes has all the good marks in the M4 "chart" you may have seen online too. As far as I know this one doesn't have the CHF barrel Spikes usually has but obviously it's at an amazing price.

Below is a link to the chart Pic refers to. See also the long thread over on M4Carbine.net for those of you with plenty of time on your hands.

There is endless debate on the interwebs about the "Mil-Spec or not Mil-Spec" issue. These two URLs contain more than enough info to make your head hurt

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsEuEhjFwPrgTA&gid=5

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Anyone know of any good deals on m-4 style buffer springs and stocks? Mine is missing those right now and is kind of hard to shoot without them.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
So, combined with the Spike's $89 lower from before...

Has anyone bought one of the $84 stripped lowers from Spike's? $84 is one helluva deal, but they state that the engraving isn't deep and the coating isn't their best coating (hence the cheap price). I'm just curious to see if they are of good quality, or if I should spring for a better lower.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Has anyone bought one of the $84 stripped lowers from Spike's? $84 is one helluva deal, but they state that the engraving isn't deep and the coating isn't their best coating (hence the cheap price). I'm just curious to see if they are of good quality, or if I should spring for a better lower.

IMHO they are good to go. I have several. All but one of mine were the $84 deals and at least when I bought them last year the finish was the same as the $250.00 special eddition one I purchased. Here's a before and after of one of the cheap ones.

P1010009-1.jpg

GunPics023.jpg

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Anyone know of any good deals on m-4 style buffer springs and stocks? Mine is missing those right now and is kind of hard to shoot without them.

I've gotten most of my parts/accessories from cheaperthandirt.com pretty good selection/prices but I'm sure rocketman would know if there is someplace better.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I've gotten most of my parts/accessories from cheaperthandirt.com pretty good selection/prices but I'm sure rocketman would know if there is someplace better.

I pushed the post reply button on a post with several URLs earlier......don't know where it went. Here are a couple of places I use. Almost anywhere can get you an M4 stock and buffer assembly

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/

http://www.pkfirearms.com/

Google will lead to many others

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
You can find normal CAR buffers for as cheap as $8, but the heavier H buffers will run you around $26

CAMike

None
Contributor
Product Update on the Spikes M4LE Upper. (used a separate MilSpec build lower) I received it last week and tried it out. Good looking unit with the optional Moe Handguard and A-2 Carry Handle. I removed the carry handle for the range work and put on my LaRue LT104 and Burris 3-9 LRS Scope.

With XM193 55 gr. and Privi 62 gr. I'd call it "a spray gun". Using a Lead Sled at 100 yards there was no consistent pattern with about 70% in the 4 inch range and the other 30% more towards 6 inches. Depressed with it's performance I went home and made up a full load work up in 0.2 gr. increments of Varget from 24gr. to 26grs. with 69 grain Sierra HPBT's. Next day out with that, the best group was about 3 inches.

I'm "XX" years of age and I still get tripped up by the "damn that's a killer deal" behavior once in a while. By the way for the price... it did look great!

I now have a spare 16 inch end of the world barrel. A 16" Lothar soon to be on order. No one at Spikes has returned my calls and some other fellow firearms aficionados tell me threads about these Spikes M4 LE barrels are beginning to appear on the sites like snipershide etc.. Another good lesson for me . If you don't mind using it for a home self defense gun it STILL IS a great deal for the money.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Product Update on the Spikes M4LE Upper. (used a separate MilSpec build lower) I received it last week and tried it out. Good looking unit with the optional Moe Handguard and A-2 Carry Handle. I removed the carry handle for the range work and put on my LaRue LT104 and Burris 3-9 LRS Scope.

With XM193 55 gr. and Privi 62 gr. I'd call it "a spray gun". Using a Lead Sled at 100 yards there was no consistent pattern with about 70% in the 4 inch range and the other 30% more towards 6 inches. Depressed with it's performance I went home and made up a full load work up in 0.2 gr. increments of Varget from 24gr. to 26grs. with 69 grain Sierra HPBT's. Next day out with that, the best group was about 3 inches.

I'm "XX" years of age and I still get tripped up by the "damn that's a killer deal" behavior once in a while. By the way for the price... it did look great!

I now have a spare 16 inch end of the world barrel. A 16" Lothar soon to be on order. No one at Spikes has returned my calls and some other fellow firearms aficionados tell me threads about these Spikes M4 LE barrels are beginning to appear on the sites like snipershide etc.. Another good lesson for me . If you don't mind using it for a home self defense gun it STILL IS a great deal for the money.

Interesting. I'm out in Fallon so I've yet to have a chance to shoot mine but I'm surprised to hear that. It'll be interesting to see how mine shoots when I can finally get a chance to go to the range.