• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speed bumps to OCS

1AO_MR_GRAY

Fly High, Fly Fast.
Just a little background. Been on here for a year. Started OCS process early last year. Took ASTB in march 2015, scored 50 6/7/6. Scores dont expire so i am fine with them. Got 3 recommendations, was working on clearance and motivational statement. I had moved states so i had to put the process on hold to get situated and work on new job. I have since left that job for something better and have more time to focus on reapplying myself to the OCS route. With my new job, i am waiting on security clearance to get processed so i believe that will help the process. I have a few retired officers that i work with that i can talk to. The things i am worried about is my overall GPA, it will round down to below a 3.0. as well as getting a waiver for my "diagnosed" asthma. I have never had an asthma attack, never used inhaler or anything like that. Just wondering what that process is like.
What i am getting at is if anyone has any advise for getting back in, i would greatly appreciate it. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Moved your post into its own thread. Your questions are more about the application process and not about the actual OCS experience.

Renegade One

None
With my new job, i am waiting on security clearance to get processed so i believe that will help the process.

...if anyone has any advise for getting back in, i would greatly appreciate it.
Why do you think waiting will help anything? I don't think your gaining a security clearance is going to mean much in the OCS process, and you're wasting time.

1AO_MR_GRAY

Fly High, Fly Fast.
Why do you think waiting will help anything? I don't think your gaining a security clearance is going to mean much in the OCS process, and you're wasting time.
I'm not waiting to continue the process because of the security clearance. I just happen to waiting on my clearance for my current job. That is why I stated it.

Sonog

pilot
Just a little background. Been on here for a year. Started OCS process early last year. Took ASTB in march 2015, scored 50 6/7/6. Scores dont expire so i am fine with them. Got 3 recommendations, was working on clearance and motivational statement. I had moved states so i had to put the process on hold to get situated and work on new job. I have since left that job for something better and have more time to focus on reapplying myself to the OCS route. With my new job, i am waiting on security clearance to get processed so i believe that will help the process. I have a few retired officers that i work with that i can talk to. The things i am worried about is my overall GPA, it will round down to below a 3.0. as well as getting a waiver for my "diagnosed" asthma. I have never had an asthma attack, never used inhaler or anything like that. Just wondering what that process is like.
What i am getting at is if anyone has any advise for getting back in, i would greatly appreciate it. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks

Did you post this on your phone? If you take the time to proofread your grammar and spelling people will take you more seriously and be willing to take the extra minute or two to offer sound advice.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Thanks

1. See a recruiter.
2. See #1.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Hey there,

I'm pretty much in the same boat, but my recruiter in Virginia is actually going to contact an OR here in Arizona to continue the process with me (been waiting 20 days so far, going to poke the bear again tomorrow). Did you try at all to have your former recruiter help? I think that, or getting a new one, would be the best course of action for the answers you seek.

exNavyOffRec

Hey there,

I'm pretty much in the same boat, but my recruiter in Virginia is actually going to contact an OR here in Arizona to continue the process with me (been waiting 20 days so far, going to poke the bear again tomorrow). Did you try at all to have your former recruiter help? I think that, or getting a new one, would be the best course of action for the answers you seek.

FYI, putting SWO as 3rd is just like not applying, they only looks at you if you put them 1 or 2

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
SWO is an automatic PROREC X and will be removed from consideration if its your third choice AND/OR put it as your first or second choice before 1 Oct 16.

1AO_MR_GRAY

Fly High, Fly Fast.
Thanks guys, I talked to a former officer recruiter supervisor that I work with. He said I was well on my way, just a few things I need to take care of first for a less than rough course. My coworker also told me he would get me a letter of recommendation since he was a captain, mentioned it usually doesn't matter but it wouldn't hurt. I will contact a recruiter asap, closest one is about 40 minutes from me unfortunately. I see the next board for SNA is in October, so that is what I am shooting for.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, but my recruiter in Virginia is actually going to contact an OR here in Arizona to continue the process with me (been waiting 20 days so far, going to poke the bear again tomorrow).

Good Luck!

Caesium

Blue is my favorite color
SWO is an automatic PROREC X and will be removed from consideration if its your third choice AND/OR put it as your first or second choice before 1 Oct 16.

Hm. Are there any designators that do consider you if you put them third?

1AO_MR_GRAY

Fly High, Fly Fast.
Update: I had an appointment with an asthma Dr today. Good news, I do not have asthma anymore. Next step is to contact recruiter today or tomorrow to set up an appointment for further steps. My biggest obstacle is out of the way.