• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speed and Angels

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Mefesto said:
You don't need to. It would be incredibly unproffesional... just take me word for it. You guys are all victims of editorialization. Like Michale Moore.

I think Mefesto was drinking when he typed this post.

flyerstud4

Is that only in theaters on the West Coast? I never even heard of it until i read about it on here.:confused: Watched the trailers and short videos, looks good. Maybe a little Hollywood-ish but good.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I actually think I saw you jp... blue shirt? thought so =)

Is that only in theaters on the West Coast? I never even heard of it until i read about it on here. Watched the trailers and short videos, looks good. Maybe a little Hollywood-ish but good.

The film as actually quite realistic... not hollywoodish at all. In fact it was a pilot's idea to actually make the film... so definitely check it out.

As far as I know all of the screenings are done at this point. However, the DVD is now available on their website and should ship in the next couple months.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
Mefesto said:
You don't need to. It would be incredibly unproffesional... just take me word for it. You guys are all victims of editorialization. Like Michale Moore.

I did think some of the flying scenes were Top Gunish (flying practically on top of each other) but I don't know what else could be wrong with the movie. Unless you fill us in I guess we'll never know... it was still well done.

invertedflyer

Well according to the pilot commentary at the end they didn't really have a choice.... they had to set up the dogfights in a way that didn't show the enemy aircraft as a tiny speck on the horizon... One of the Saints pilots, Paco, planned out all of those sequences... took them a year and a half.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
Well according to the pilot commentary at the end they didn't really have a choice.... they had to set up the dogfights in a way that didn't show the enemy aircraft as a tiny speck on the horizon... One of the Saints pilots, Paco, planned out all of those sequences... took them a year and a half.

right, that's basically what I meant. The same thing happened in Top Gun, they couldn't make the Dogfight scenes exciting without making them unrealistic. Good to know that bit of info though.

invertedflyer

I knew it! :) I'm amazed your hair didn't get blown back sitting that close to the screen. I know a burned a good 200 calories. =)

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Does anyone know when and where the next screenings are going to be (if ever again?). Their website hasn't responded to me about anything...

invertedflyer

eddie, don't know if there will ge any more screenings. It should be released in theatres in February, however.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
eddie, don't know if there will ge any more screenings. It should be released in theatres in February, however.

Oh shit that's awesome! I was under the impression that these screenings were the limited release / run and it would be my only chance to see it "big."

invertedflyer

Nope there will be plenty of chances to see it in the future. Let me tell you man, its quite the experience with the surround sound. I almost checked my six a couple times =) I hope they release it at an IMAX theatre so I can go see it on one of those monster screens.