• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spatial Apperception

BigRed389

None
Are those the actual images they use on the test!

No not exactly. It's drawn slightly differently, with some "coloring" and what not.

But let's not overanalyze. As long as you can distinguish front from back, left from right, you should be fine. If you can do the Arco perfectly, no reason not to do well on the ASTB version.

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
No not exactly. It's drawn slightly differently, with some "coloring" and what not.
OK. I have gone over ARCO's spatial section, amazing how much better it is. They make it so easy, especially with the helpful little "thing" I have the blue arrow pointing to in this attachment.

My question is.....Does the test have this helpful "thing" pointed out in the attachment? I've enlarged it to make it easier to tell what I am talking about.

Attachments

• spa app.jpg
    spa app.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 147

BigRed389

None
You mean that really piss poor attempt at a boat?

I don't recall there being one, but then I never used it on the Arco either. I always took heading relative to coastline based directly off of the coastline.

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
No, that shows your heading, right? The white part with the lines is the "sea" and the dark part is the "land". Right?

Is that indicator on the ASTB?

Attachments

• spa app.jpg
    spa app.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 60
  • spa app2.jpg
    spa app2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 66

pdx

HSM Pilot
No, that shows your heading, right? The white part with the lines is the "sea" and the dark part is the "land". Right?

I'm really not sure what you "thing" are talking about, but the only thing the outside view shows is the orientation of the water, land, and a boat.

On the test I took (many moons ago), all of the pics had water and land. Some of them had boats.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor

The white has a flat surface and is the sea; the dark is the coast as it has an uneven surface.

Lil Mini Me

Here is more or less the type of questions that will be on the ASTB. Study with these, and good luck.

Attachments

• CADKI1HJ.jpg
    CADKI1HJ.jpg
    738.6 KB · Views: 117