• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spatial Apperception Error in the Movie Happy Gilmore

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
but if you're missing your left shoe, you'd FEEL like the ground is sloped left, therefore you'd think the ball would break left. The movie had it right, Happy Gilmore was pointing that out....

by the way, thank you for making me feel like an idiot. I've been sitting here for 5 minutes tilting my head back and forth... I hope nobody was watching me! haha

Good way of looking at it. So if they were going by feel from missing a shoe, the director was right. If they were going by vision from the slant of not wearing a sneaker, then they would have been wrong according to our spatial apperception rules. No hard feelings man.

To quote another Adam Sandler movie regarding the effect this thread has had on airwarriors readers lives:
Principal: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Billy Madison: Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
I know man. Not gonna disagree with that. On that note, time for another break from airwarriors.