• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Space Force

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sad part: My friend's son is part of the US Space Force. They are throwing around re-naming their enlisted: Sentinel or Guardian . Not sure why, but it's a thing.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sad part: My friend's son is part of the US Space Force. They are throwing around re-naming their enlisted: Sentinel or Guardian . Not sure why, but it's a thing.
fetchimage

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
One of the hottest most erotic stripteases I've ever seen was danced to that song.

1985 and we were in San Diego for B-57 delivery school after the VP Rag at Moffett and before reporting to our squadrons. A couple of us stopped by a club after class. It was either Pacers or Les Girls back when they were in their heyday and mobbed by young Sailors attending boot camp and other training at NTC San Diego.

E-1 to E-3 had to wear their uniforms everywhere while in training back then. We stopped while still in uniform (it was okay to do so back then) for a couple of beers while watching a couple of dances, 30 minutes and back to the hotel to change , get dinner and then hit the town was the plan. We walked in, got a beer and sat down. We and everyone in there (jammed with young Sailor) were mesmerized by the blonde dancing to Space Oddity. When it was over, one of the young Sailors went to get a beer, saw us at our table and yelled "Attention on Deck!" Sailors popped up everywhere in unison. Chairs, tables and beer went flying. It became deadly quite except for the song playing. Even the dancer on stage stopped to see what was happening. We (all Ensigns) sat there stunned for a moment or two before one of us croaked out a "Carry on".

The manager came over to our table and said "These guys are a couple of days out of boot camp. They have no idea what to say or how to act with officers around, even Ensigns. If you guys leave now and come back in civilian clothes, you'll drink free tonight." We kind of looked around and sure enough, all the young Sailors were sitting there silently, scared to watch the show let alone talk or drink their beer. We left...and of course came back after changing.

I've always liked Space Oddity.

Last edited:

Renegade One

None
If you guys leave now and come back in civilian clothes, you'll drink free tonight." We kind of looked around and sure enough, all the young Sailors were sitting there silently, scared to watch the show let alone talk or drink their beer. We left...and of course came back after changing.
BZ. You miss 100% of the opportunities you don't take.