• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Space Force Officer Relieved After Denouncing CRT/Marxism

RoarkJr.

If you decide to read the article, notice the subtle downplay of what CRT is. “These people are rising up against CRT, the teaching of lessons about systemic racism.” This is a deliberate (and I’d argue, sinister) tactic of painting those who are worried about the fundamental philosophy of CRT as anti-progress, anti-LGBTQ, and “probably” racist.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Again, I'm going to strongly recommend that people read Caste, by Isabel Wilkerson. CRT is as stupid, but understanding the legacy of slavery and the very real impact it still has today is a prerequisite to any informed discussion on race in this country. Viewing this topic through the lens of caste instead of racism will open your eyes.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
People of European ancestry should be receiving reparations from the Italians. Ancient Rome enslaved half of Europe and the repercussions of our ancestors being slaves continues to have an adverse impact our lives and livelihoods.

And please don't forget about the Egyptians owing reparations to the Jews.

Obviously the Arabs owe reparation to everyone whose ancestors sailed the Mediterranean.

How could I forget about the Greeks? Them ancient Greeks averaged 4 slaves per household in Athens.

Why aren't the schools teaching about historical systemic racism against those with European ancestry? History is full of white people being enslaved, brutalized and oppressed.

Now let's remember that slavery was common in Africa, that Africans captured in battle or raids by other African tribes became slaves, and Africans are the ones that sold their fellow Africans to the international slave markets. Yet it's all white supremacy that's at fault.

Fuck this CRT shit.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you decide to read the article, notice the subtle downplay of what CRT is. “These people are rising up against CRT, the teaching of lessons about systemic racism.” This is a deliberate (and I’d argue, sinister) tactic of painting those who are worried about the fundamental philosophy of CRT as anti-progress, anti-LGBTQ, and “probably” racist.

tenor.gif

Treetop Flyer

pilot

A little tedious with the typical non-answers by the admiral and interruptions by the congressman, but about what I expected. How do you defend recommending a book written by an extremist and advocating extremist views while purportedly cracking down on extremism? The answer is that “it’s good to have a conversation.” But only if it’s with certain extremists.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If people are pushing back against CRT then wouldn't you expect the proponents to respond and defend their position? Of course you would. And isn't it sometimes a valid tactic to be subtle when communicating? And besides, there is no allegation of conspiracy except your dismissive meme.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

A little tedious with the typical non-answers by the admiral and interruptions by the congressman, but about what I expected. How do you defend recommending a book written by an extremist and advocating extremist views while purportedly cracking down on extremism? The answer is that “it’s good to have a conversation.” But only if it’s with certain extremists.

Next year's reading list will have mein kampf on it so we can 'have a conversation.'

RoarkJr.

Its possible there is such a staggering deficiency in people’s ability to critically think (from university humanities trending toward indoctrination rather than exploring ideas) that the downplay of CRT being “just lessons about systemic racism” might actually not be deliberate. They just assume no other interpretation is possible and are confused then angered when questions arise.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Its possible there is such a staggering deficiency in people’s ability to critically think (from university humanities trending toward indoctrination rather than exploring ideas) that the downplay of CRT being “just lessons about systemic racism” might actually not be deliberate. They just assume no other interpretation is possible and are confused then angered when questions arise.
The same could be said for the other side. Fox News said CRT is bad so therefore it is.

Python

pilot
Contributor
The same could be said for the other side. Fox News said CRT is bad so therefore it is.

That is not the position of the other side. Fox News sucks by the way (just like most major networks).

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Honest question: Is it possible that the book is on the CNO reading list because it was directed by SECNAV or SECDEF and the CNO is just falling on the sword here?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Honest question: Is it possible that the book is on the CNO reading list because it was directed by SECNAV or SECDEF and the CNO is just falling on the sword here?
That is my assumption. He could have said no, but that could have career consequences.