• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Some questions about flight life

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'm lovin' this stuff .... GREAT hate & discontent ..... specifically, the last 20-25 posts on this thread. Blood in the water and all that ..... a perfect Christmas/New Year's present to me from AW's.

I now feel so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o good about myself. I'm not the only crank or curmudgeon out here .... :) .... I'm surrounded.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Wow, all this from another thread:

Originally Posted by jarhead
kinda like you think you are all knowing since you are flying the SH instead of an old Hornet, when we all know up to this point that it's luck of the draw for Squids coming out of Advanced jets. if you call guys flying old hornets "JV", what do you call Prowlers & Viking's?

Punk:

They're taking bottom grade guys out of advanced and sending them SH. Why may you ask, cause a.) they could barely land at the boat, and b.) they (whoever the hell that is) doesn't want them to only be flying single seat. I got a friend who got sent Echo's, even though he wanted F's, because he had good grades and they had other folks that needed the extra help of a WSO. But I'm not saying that guys with good grades are being sent that way either.

I saw more competive grades for guys fighting over the few Charlie spots than E/F's.

Jarhead:
my bad, i didn't know you've been in the fleet flying fighters since 1988.

if, on the other hand, you enlisted in 1988 but have only been flying the SH for a few months now, which is what i suspect is the case here, then i stand by what i said ... you shouldn't be making blanket statements which include dudes who have a shitmore fleet time flying fighters than you do ... that is fine in the RAG amongst your bros, but some dudes in a real gun squadron might take it personally, kinda like you think you are all knowing since you are flying the SH instead of an old Hornet, when we all know up to this point that it's luck of the draw for Squids coming out of Advanced jets. if you call guys flying old hornets "JV", what do you call Prowlers & Viking's?

i have been in the Corps since 91, only been flying since '00, and i think i fly a better jet than a Harrier, but that, in my professional opinion, does not allow me to call those guys JV (unless it's to one of my Harrier bros & we are talking shit to each other). airframe aside, i have no doubt that there are pilots out there flying Harriers that are better at flying than i am. are they JV? or did they select at the wrong time coming out of advanced?

the SH is a better aircraft than the old hornets in that they are new, have better avionics than what is found in most old hornets (most avionics on Supers can be found in Lot 17 or greater C/D's, problem is most of the hornets in the fleet are < Lot 17), and few "improvements" that aren't found in the old hornet, better performance not being one of them ... in the end though, it comes down to the pilot, whether it's Strike or ACM/BFM, i'd wager my $$ on that "JV" 600 hr F/A-18C driver over that <100 hour SH driver ...

just my 2¢, take it for what it's worth

Same topic with the same rhino driver.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
A4sForever said:
I'm lovin' this stuff .... GREAT hate & discontent ..... specifically, the last 20-25 posts on this thread. Blood in the water and all that ..... a perfect Christmas/New Year's present to me from AW's.

I now feel so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o good about myself. I'm not the only crank or curmudgeon out here .... :) .... I'm surrounded.

Alright, A4s, NOW I'll sit on your lap ;)

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TurnandBurn55 said:
Alright, A4s, NOW I'll sit on your lap ;)

No way that is way too close to the controls-
(smiles simulataded and all in fun)