• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

So who can tell me....about OCS, TBS and tattoos?

Markg

It is f-ing hillarious to watch how candidates try and game the barber line to get the asian dude. There are like 4 people in the other two barbers lines, then 8 crammed into his line, all trying to pretend they can't hear people telling them to make the lines even.

Guilty.

KBayDog

Talk about sweating the small stuff. Why would you care about the quality of an OCS haircut?

1. Are you trying to look sexy for your platoon mates?
2. On liberty, no female in the DC area is going to be impressed with the quality (or lack thereof) of your hair cut. No, they're more likely to be turned on by your khaki pants, braided belts, polo shirts, cover tan, and SULE I war stories. Get some.
3. The difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut? One week.

GeorgiaMarine

Marine officer job selection

I am looking for my "TOP 3". I undersatand most 2nd Lt.'s get one of their top 3. I want to deploy and I want an exciting job. I do NOT want infantry, intel, Armor, Combat Engineer or MP.

Any Suggestions... thinking maybe Communication, Aircraft Command & Control or maybe Aircraft Supply

Help Please

Crowbar

None
Aviation Supply=Somebody has to do it. Lots of paperwork and budgets and "I know we have aircraft that need to launch, but the NIINs don't cross so we can't issue this part" crap.
Communications=interesting but not necessarily exciting.
C3=parked in front of a monitor the majority of the time. Maybe you'll get to talk on a radio. Has the potential to get busy but you won't be "in the shit", instead you'll be talking to people who are.

Your choice, but don't go into it uninformed. Ask more questions if you need to.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
I'm confused. You say you want to deploy and you want something exciting. But you don't want any of the combat MOS's. Maybe if you define your idea of "exciting" we'll be able to help you out a little better.

GeorgiaMarine

Well, I know infantry and arty are not for me... I want a job that is rewarding and different each day. Not really interested in fetching a cup of joe for the top dog all day. I am wanting a job that is deployed. I enjoy the education field (I am a teacher now). Not sure there is a MOS related to education...

Thanks for the posts. This really helps!

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Well, I know infantry and arty are not for me... I want a job that is rewarding and different each day. Not really interested in fetching a cup of joe for the top dog all day. I am wanting a job that is deployed. I enjoy the education field (I am a teacher now). Not sure there is a MOS related to education...

Thanks for the posts. This really helps!

You are in the reserves correct and understand how the Marine Corps works right? I'm sure each MOS has different degrees of "rewarding and different". Not sure what you mean by "fetching a cup of joe for the top dog all day". From your perception, what MOS has officers fetching coffee.

All MOS's deploy, some more than others.

No, there aren't any education MOS's

Hope that helps.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Have you looked into HMMWV-Driver? How about LMD Operator?

Seriously dude, you came to an aviation forum to ask about ground jobs, so you can expect to be ridiculed a bit. I promise you that TBS will offer you far more exposure to different MOS's than you ever wanted. In fact, the MOS mixers (job fairs) usually have a waiting line to talk to the 5 MOS's you specifically mentioned not wanting, so you shouldn't have a hard time waltzing right up to the few that actually interest you.

That is, unless your original post was a big joke, in which case, well played.

And being a 2ndLt, you're likely to have to fetch a cup or two of joe, no matter where you go.

tlord82

pilot
I could be way off, but I think Infantry has to one of your top 3

Where the Fvck did you get that piece of disinformation? It wouldn't really be "your" top 3 if you had to put a certain MOS, now would it? If the Marines want infantry officers, they don't have to make you put it in your top 3, they just tell you to head across the street to IOC.

bptaylor10

Chill out tlord...

I was misinformed. It's been a long time since I spoke with a Marine OSO.

GeorgiaMarine, take what I said earlier as incorrect.

GeorgiaMarine

I came to this site because it is the best out there. It just happend to be an Air site :)

Alright, from what I am reading TBS is like a big job fair and we will get to "try out" the opssible jobs over the SIX MONTHS there? Am I n the right track there?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I came to this site because it is the best out there. It just happend to be an Air site :)

Alright, from what I am reading TBS is like a big job fair and we will get to "try out" the opssible jobs over the SIX MONTHS there? Am I n the right track there?

No, you will learn how to be a provisional rifle platoon commander. You get some intro into other fields, but not much at all.