• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

So who can tell me....about OCS, TBS and tattoos?

GeorgiaMarine

I saw a video of OCS (it was older) but it showed classroom instruction and I noticed some canidates with nice high and tights...

I thought it was like boot where you got "the buzz" every week...can anyone help?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You get a buzz down to the skin for most of it. When we were senior OC's and Candios our class Officer requested we all get high and tights. It varies per class team, but count on going bald for most of it.

srqwho

pilot
I saw a video of OCS (it was older) but it showed classroom instruction and I noticed some canidates with nice high and tights...

I thought it was like boot where you got "the buzz" every week...can anyone help?

We were not allowed to get high and tights until after our last inspection (8th week Officer RLP). Uniformity is a pretty big deal at OCS and our class team didn't want us looking different until after we were done with the OC phase. And, having the option of getting a high and tight is a privilege... and like Otto mentioned, it's not a sure thing... it depends on your class team.

Crowbar

None
You get a buzz down to the skin for most of it. When we were senior OC's and Candios our class Officer requested we all get high and tights. It varies per class team, but count on going bald for most of it.

srqwho said:
We were not allowed to get high and tights until after our last inspection (8th week Officer RLP). Uniformity is a pretty big deal at OCS and our class team didn't want us looking different until after we were done with the OC phase. And, having the option of getting a high and tight is a privilege... and like Otto mentioned, it's not a sure thing... it depends on your class team.

Just so GeorgiaMarine doesn't get confused, these answers apply to Navy OCS, not Marine OCS.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Belay my last. I have no reading comprehension tonight. I blame Woodford Reserve. My apologies.

donnyglaze

Yea, motivating High N' Tights. If you're lucky enough to get the "good" barber, SHE may hook you up with a cut where one side is higher than the other.

Markg

Yea, motivating High N' Tights. If you're lucky enough to get the "good" barber, SHE may hook you up with a cut where one side is higher than the other.

Haha. The general consensus seems to be that she sucks, The Asian guy is money though.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
It is f-ing hillarious to watch how candidates try and game the barber line to get the asian dude. There are like 4 people in the other two barbers lines, then 8 crammed into his line, all trying to pretend they can't hear people telling them to make the lines even.