• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

So what exactly happens during physical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

binary_choice

Final Select SNA
Special just means they have to do extra tests in addition to the ones the enlisted guys get... for example when I went to MEPS they took an extra vial of blood, had me do an extra color blindness test, things like that.. I think it would depend on your designator, i.e. I applied for pilot ergo the extra eye test... so special just lets the guys who actually are doing the testing know which tests to give you.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I had to go back after pro-rec and get a depth perception test done, which was extra. I didn't have to take up the tail pipe, but my brother said he had to, he is enlisted nuke though. But I would expect myself to be more likely to get that test but I didn't have to.

Crowbar

None
Jeez, don't laugh, but I did my enlistment physical at New Orleans MEPS in 1993. We could sit around snacking on Ho Ho's and Pixy Stix during our lab work if we wanted to (okay, so that's an exaggeration but we were never told to fast). Since then, for flight physicals, commissioning physicals, and routine non-aircrew 5 year physicals, I've been told nothing but water for 12 hours prior and no eggs or alcohol for 2 or 3 days prior. Kegs and eggs, anybody?

NCSU_Navy

In reference to lumping officers and enlisted guys together, the NCO's are a trip. They are not big fans of officer candidates, for example, there was a guy going into the Marines saying he didn't want to go to college because he "didn't want to become a fat ass desk jockey". He is going to be in some suprise when he sees how kick ass the Marine Officers really are! By the way I must have watched Sportscenter 5 times in row!

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Yeah, what's with Sportscenter being on all the TVs? I brought a book, so I was set, but it was just the same thing over and over again.

Aww, there wasn't tvs at MEPS when I went.... and they wouldn't let me bring in my book... we just had to look at each other and listen to the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.