• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

So, about the MILITARY part of Military Aviation

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I'm going to go full nerd here, but Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead is one of my top three favorite scripts.
Not a comic book fan myself, never been and never "got" them, but Tag and Bink had me laughing hysterically.

The fact that the concept is cribbed from Shakespearean fan art (some of the cleverest fan art) and that the Bard got a lot of his plots from other people's stories, that's not lost on me.

(Comic book movies and TV shows, er, "based on the graphic novel" are a lot of fun. Flipping the pages in a comic book is just something that's never done it for me.)

Sonog

pilot
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern were E-2 pilots. Blithely wandering through an air war doing crossword puzzles and wondering what was for midrats.

That sounds an awful lot like helo pilots to me. Like the band kids and the jazz band kids in high school, I guess

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
That sounds an awful lot like helo pilots to me. Like the band kids and the jazz band kids in high school, I guess
Nah, more like COD guys. They know there's a VIP in the back but they're either vaguely aware of who it is or they just don't care.

The helo driver/band kids "hey, we're important too!!" analogy is a good one. When are we finally going to get a helo pilot band kid be the first CAG football coach? ?