• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNFO to SNA

jjordan19

SNFO waiting for primary
hornetframer said:
It is probably the same guy. He was the first (that we were told) person that has ever aced API. But anyway, the top 10% able to redesignate is alive and well.

Did age play a role? I was selected for pilot and then told after I could go NFO because I was to old by a month.

Ex Rigger

pilot
jjordan19 said:
Did age play a role? I was selected for pilot and then told after I could go NFO because I was to old by a month.

From what I hear, it probably would play a role because they say you have to be physically qualified for the SNA slot. However, getting #1 they seem to go to bat for you to get what you want so just do well and see where the chips fall. Nothing wrong with NFO either way.

dhchun

jjordan19, let me know how that works out for you or if you get any more info down the line. I'm in the same boat as you. 30 right now, but 31 when I commission in May. Just got selected for SNFO, but had the highest ASTB in our unit. A little frustrating cause everyone else here who wanted aviator got it. Plus I had just paid for PRK out of pocket to simply get a chance at it. But as for getting selected for SNFO, I can't complain much. Still sounds like a ton of fun.

WEGL

dhchun said:
Just got selected for SNFO, but had the highest ASTB in our unit. A little frustrating cause everyone else here who wanted aviator got it.

Hey that happened to me too! I got the highest ASTB scores of my unit and was one of the only ones that didn't get pilot. Granted it miiiight have had something to do with my GPA but hey... the ASTB is a much better test for how I'll do in flight school rather than 4 years of college.... right? right? haha :D

dhchun

I knew that college stuff was good for something. For us STA-21 types, we get to skate out of here in 3 years. 3 long paper & test filled years...
Can't wait for May.

WEGL

Hey jjordan19, what's your wait like for API? I was told to expect 6mos after graduation...

jjordan19

SNFO waiting for primary
I hear there is a 6-7 month wait once you get to P-cola. VT-10, which is the SNFO squadron was only taking 2 SNFO a week and this is the reason for the wait, now they take 5 a week, but this is what I was told. I have no verification.

ColdSteel

You can't spell lost without Lt.
As for SNFO's on the Marine side they get picked up ASAP right after IFS. So it depends how many SNFO's check in to P'cola. They take one NFO per class maybe two. The wait for SNFO's is no where near 4-6 months like the SNA's.

dnweinreb

Super DUPER Hornets!
None
There's 5 FOs in our class (navy and marine). I waited 6 months from my report date and about 2 months after IFS. As for redesignating, do you think they round up or down on the percentage? There are 24 people in my class, will they give the option to the top 2 or the top 3? And is that overall best in show or best FOs? I mean, nothing against my line of work, but what pilot wants to redesignate to FO? I'll just be happy if I'm in the sky blowing stuff up.