• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNFO now or SNA later?

Lonestar

What would you do? Go to OCS in 2 months as an SNFO? Do PRK now and apply again for the Summer or October 2007 OCC as an SNA? You are PQ for SNFO.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My take...
BirdInHand_800ppi_sm.jpg

or
511483-sm.jpg

hourocket

Bullseye
None
Become a Naval Officer now or take a chance to become one later, if you have to ask then obviously you dont want NFO

ThetaChi

pilot
Transitions from NFO to pilot are not easy (So I hear).....so think carefully on this one. If your #1 goal is to be up front, then you should wait. Flight school is difficult.....guys that DOR are usually the ones that are not 100% sure that they should be here. Don't put yourself in that situation. On the other hand, life as an NFO can be equally as exciting/fulfilling as that of a NA (again, so I am told).

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
What would you do? Go to OCS in 2 months as an SNFO? Do PRK now and apply again for the Summer or October 2007 OCC as an SNA? You are PQ for SNFO.

Ask a mirror...watch your face when you say SNA and SNFO...that should tell you. However, turning down OCS could be looking a gift horse in the mouth (I never understood that phrase) if something doesn't go right/other opportunities arise...just thinking logically here.

jmiller82

Not to be the smart-@$$, but the phrase, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" actually refers to when the country was agrarian based (farms, farms, farms) and a gift was often given in the form of livestock, sometimes a horse. Inspecting livestock, among other ways, usually consisted of "checking its mouth" to see its value or its health. So, when someone gives you a gift (buys a drink), don't question it, just accept it (drink up)! There's the idiom lesson for the week..

I'd go with SNFO, as I heard (I've been hearing that for months now) that the SNFO/SNA push that was so big lately is thizzling out and will reset at FY07, leaving your chances of even flying as a Naval Officer altogether alot lower..

crateofthunder

I have never heard of anyone being a pilot and trying to get into NFO/Nav training...If you want to be a FO, take it...if you want to be a pilot, wait and get the PRK!

That being said, how bad is your vision? When I first came through, they said I was NPQ, but after doing some research and a lot of questions, found a loop hole for a waiver!

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
You can switch from FO to pilot but it is VERY difficult. There are many ways you can do it from begin tops in API to just putting in a package while you are in VT-4/10. After you get your wings (NFO wings that is), you can put in for a FO to pilot transition after your first fleet tour. Just be advised, none of these roads are easy. My advice? Be happy with flying. You definitely wouldn't want to be a SWO.