• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNFO now or SNA later?

thull

My take...
BirdInHand_800ppi_sm.jpg

or
511483-sm.jpg

I believe it's "A bird in hand is better than TWO in the bush" I don't see two in that bush. unless the other one's hiding?

Lonestar

That being said, how bad is your vision? When I first came through, they said I was NPQ, but after doing some research and a lot of questions, found a loop hole for a waiver!

Got NPQ for SNA at NAMI for one eye being 20/50 uncorrected. Loop hole? I'm listening. BTW, i'm an applicant.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not to be the smart-@$$, but the phrase, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" actually refers to when the country was agrarian based (farms, farms, farms) and a gift was often given in the form of livestock, sometimes a horse. Inspecting livestock, among other ways, usually consisted of "checking its mouth" to see its value or its health. So, when someone gives you a gift (buys a drink), don't question it, just accept it (drink up)! There's the idiom lesson for the week..

I think it's because old horses have all of their teeth, and it's hard to pass off a glue-factory bound stallion as yearling.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
I asked myself the same question, mostly because I know the USMC is *eventually* getting rid of the Prowler and -18D, but who is to say when, and that they *might* get a 2 seat jet of whatever will replace the -18D with.

Long story short you have to ask yourself if you can live with being a NFO not just untill you can switch to the front seat, but the rest of your career. I don't have my wings either, but I am in the same situation and thats how I look at it.

crateofthunder

These standards are for Applicants. There are different standards for trained aviators.
Standards
Visual Acuity
Pilots
USAF 20/70
USN 20/40
USMC 20/40
USA 20/50

Refractive Error (any meridian)
Pilot
USAF -1.50 +2.00
USN -1.50 +3.00
USMC -1.50 +3.00
USA -1.50 +3.00

Pre-PRK (any meridian)
Pilot
USAF -5.50 -1.00
USN -8.00 +6.00
USMC -8.00 +6.00
USA -6.00 +4.00

These are just to be PQ...being barely worse than 20/40, I guarantee you can get a waiver. The way it works in the Air Force is that you put your package in, get accepted then go to Brooks AFB (head of aviation medicine), to get the waiver accepted. Best of luck!!!!