• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNFO Introductory Flight Screening (IFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paullatina

I first read about this program being opened up for SNFOs a few months ago on this site. I printed off the syllabus and thoroughly read through it before asking my recruiter about it. I havent really gotten a solid answer about this, so I wanted to know if there was any SNFOs that have begun IFS training or know what the deal is with it as far as SNFOs are concerned.

If its possible I'd like to get IFS knocked out before OCS, but maybe thats the problem. I'm not sure if its only a go after commissioning and before API. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
batman_125.gif

unfUSN

IFS isn't being offered to every SNFO... its still a new program and they are only doing a small screening. A few SNFO's in each new class showing up for A-pool get picked.

LTJG Payne

kaiangel

You have to be commissioned or a senior midshipman to participate in IFS. Plus, IFS for SNFO's is still new and fews SNFO's are actually doing it. There is NO way that they would fund IFS before OCS.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
I actually started the IFS program as a MIDN. Long story short, I am no longer doing it here, but will be require to do it when I get to Pcola. From what I hear ALL SNA's are going to be required to do it, as well as all SNFO's next year... or so the rumors go.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
They only ran a small number through it this year (from the NFO side), but from what they told me, it's going to be mandatory for all SNFO's starting sometime this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.