• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Significant Other Question--Female Officer Perspective

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
So I'm hoping to be going to OCS in the fall, have a great Navy career, pretty much what all of us here want. Here's my concern:

What happens when the gal's in the Navy, and her guy is left home?

I know there are plenty of support groups for Navy wives, girlfriends, etc, and that these are somewhat open to guys, but it's obviously got a different perspective. Is there anything specific to addressing husbands, boyfriends, etc. left at home?

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
Short answer - not really.
All the official Navy activities, such as spouse's club, are open to spouses of either gender. Typically, the husbands are also military members and do not participate heavily due to their work schedules.
Guys left behind do not get the same kind of sympathy and networking from their male friends as a wife/girlfriend left behind would recieve. Which is just kind of how it is, and I don't see the Navy being able to affect that.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Maybe your guy should just man up and join the Navy or Marine Corps...

I keed, I keed :D

In all seriousness though, what TrunkMonkey said.

anghockey

Maybe your guy should just man up and join the Navy or Marine Corps...

I keed, I keed :D

In all seriousness though, what TrunkMonkey said.

Hahahahaha. I'm working on him on that one. Being a dual couple would be a heck of a lot easier. Actually my ex-fiance wanted to do Marines OCS. Soon after we split, I got selected for it, and he didn't. Hahaha!

But yeah I was thinking about the whole sympathy issue. I imagine this is one thing where the guys really just have it harder.

IRfly

None
Having known a couple of guys in that situation, I believe that there usually are locally organized support groups to help them deal with the situation. They meet regularly at classy establishments with watered-down beer and no cover charge and are facilitated by counselors who, strangely, always seem to have names like "Barbie" or "Candy." If your significant other looks around, I'm sure that he can find such a group, even if the meeting is purely on an ad hoc basis. Tell him that if he wants to fit in with the aviator crowd, he needs to bring lots of 1's.

anghockey

Having known a couple of guys in that situation, I believe that there usually are locally organized support groups to help them deal with the situation. They meet regularly at classy establishments with watered-down beer and no cover charge and are facilitated by counselors who, strangely, always seem to have names like "Barbie" or "Candy." If your significant other looks around, I'm sure that he can find such a group, even if the meeting is purely on an ad hoc basis. Tell him that if he wants to fit in with the aviator crowd, he needs to bring lots of 1's.

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA. I just snarfed my soda. Ouch. Hey, if going to said establishments is as badly as he behaves when I'm at sea, I'm not gonna complain. Funny story--on an early date, we talked about these, uh, clubs. He said he hated them and they made him feel really awkward and guilty. I think he was lying.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Some guys actually don't like strip clubs..

But those homos also dislike boobs.

I'll bite.

I don't like titty bars cuz most of them time I could score higher quality women on my own without paying for it. I'm no don juan, but this IS pensacola and I'm quite confident in my ability to score women with more than NO teeth. So why am I going to pay some toothless hooker at sammy's?? Answer: I'm not, so I don't go. I went once, and it WAS kinda fun to let them run their "game" on me for 20 minutes and then decline, wasting their time/effort/money on trying to dance for me. Silly strippers....

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
who said anything about getting with them? sometimes you just wanna see a new pair of boobies.