• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SIG information

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
Looking to make my first handgun purchase, and based on what I've been able to get a feel for at the range so far (Sig, glock, ruger mostly) I'm leaning towards a sig. Just wanted to know if anyone has some online links that could help me research the models a little more and delve a little deeper (found suprisingly little so far in my own searches), or any last minute advice for first purchases that HASN'T been posted in the countless threads on AW already, thanks guys :D

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
You're on the right track. I bought a Ruger P89 9MM DA/SA when I turned 21. It was a great first pistol, and I learned much about what I do and do not like in a handgun. For my winging last December, I traded my Ruger on a Sig P229 .40 S&W with Trijicon night sights, the tactical rail, and Hogue grips. It's the sweetest gun I've ever held or fired. It's a little heavy, but I'm in Californistan, so I can't carry anyway. It's not too heavy in my bedside table!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You should have went for the 226 then. :)

Haha, good man.

That being said, sometimes people's hands don't mesh up with the P226... big grip. My hands fit the P226 just fine, but I think the P229/P228 is one of the most perfect grips EVER made.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Haha, good man.

That being said, sometimes people's hands don't mesh up with the P226... big grip. My hands fit the P226 just fine, but I think the P229/P228 is one of the most perfect grips EVER made.

The P226 fits my hand perfectly. It just feels like a gun when I shoot it.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
My 229 fits nicely in the cargo pocket of my shorts. IWB holsters just don't work too well with T-shirts in the summertime in Kingsville. Maybe winter.

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
Thanks for the info fly and others, helped a ton :)

95% sure I'm going SIG, just trying to decide between the 226 and 228, CCW isn't a concern, anyone have any opinions besides obviously how it feels to me personally when I'm shooting?

Feels like it'll be a good selection present to myself after this week :D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
95% sure I'm going SIG, just trying to decide between the 226 and 228, CCW isn't a concern, anyone have any opinions besides obviously how it feels to me personally when I'm shooting?

That's all that really matters. Whatever feels the best and shoots the best for YOU.

Be advised, the P228 is 9mm only. If you want the SIZE of the P228, but maybe a .40 or 357sig, you need the P229 (which is also offered in 9mm). They're identical in size... difference is how they're manufactured.

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
You should have went for the 226 then. :)

I've got smaller hands, the P226 feels like a Desert Eagle, by comparison:) Either one is great, and I think the P229 will work better if I ever end up in a state where CCW is a little more realistic.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I've got smaller hands, the P226 feels like a Desert Eagle, by comparison:) Either one is great, and I think the P229 will work better if I ever end up in a state where CCW is a little more realistic.

My advice is to go with the P229 then...If you want the extra capacity of the P226, the larger mags will fit in the P229.

KSUFLY

pilot
Can a pilot carry his own pistol when he flies or does he have to carry the issued one?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There's several posts/threads on this, KSU, but the short of it is (by the rules, anyway), you can carry something that you have room for and the ammo for. Generally, you'll only get the ammo for 9mm, as aviation squadrons don't generally have an allocation for .45, .40, etc.

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
Anyone able to reccommend some good dealers in corpus to look for a 226 (or who could help me find one), or some online resources where I could find one to get shipped here? Been to a couple shops in corpus so far with no luck, and they really weren't the most helpful

Been doing my homework, but still new to the game :)